Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vuelta a España 2014 - no current day stage discussion - see seasonal reminder sticky

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

No Mark Cavendish in Omega Pharma - Quick-Step's LaVuelta team: Uran, Boonen, Martin, Poels, Brambilla, Serry, Verona, Velits, Maes

IS Cavandish not fit ??? What reason

Not a great season for him this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Did he ride the Tour L'ain? I think he was supposed to but didn't hear anything about it. He musnt be race fit and maybe he doesn't fancy all the climbing if he isn't 100%.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,569 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

MPFG wrote: »

Can't imagine he's fit enough for a 3 week grand tour given he only returned to competition last week. Wouldn't be surprised if he makes an appearance in the Tour of Britain this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Injury basically, still not ready for a GT.
    Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Did he ride the Tour L'ain? I think he was supposed to but didn't hear anything about it. He musnt be race fit and maybe he doesn't fancy all the climbing if he isn't 100%.

He did indeed, said on his twitter that he worked very hard in it. Lead out Gianni Meersman for a win.
    Beasty wrote: »
    Can't imagine he's fit enough for a 3 week grand tour given he only returned to competition last week. Wouldn't be surprised if he makes an appearance in the Tour of Britain this year

That's certainly the plan according to his team - http://www.omegapharma-quickstep.com/en/news/show/mark-cavendish-update-upcoming-race-calendar-announced/1897

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

broke his collar bone on the TdF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Beasty wrote: »

Correct. He is not fit enough for a grand tour. Sky confirmed yesterday that he will ride the Tour of Britain.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

logik wrote: »
    Correct. He is not fit enough for a grand tour. Sky confirmed yesterday that he will ride the Tour of Britain.

Why would sky confirm that?

godtabh wrote: »
    Why would sky confirm that?

Sorry should have said Sky News :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Sorry should have said Sky News :P

Thought there might have been another mid season transfer or something

• Advertisement

Thought there might have been another mid season transfer or something

Nope sorry! Just reading some of Olegs comments on twitter. He is saying Canondale-Garmin merger seems confirmed.

BvaBZgRCQAEyeg6.jpg

The Giant-Shimano Vuelta team. Good chance for some second string riders like Barguil and Arndt to prove themselves.

My conspiracy theory for the day though, is Koen De Kort actually a long-lost Schleck?

Haha, yeah I am with you on this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Hitler parody of SKY meeting on whether Wiggins or Froome go to Tour of Spain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iFdJRvXDQM&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop

Froome crashed today on a recce of the TTT course in Jerez

https://twitter.com/chrisfroome/status/502493865337954305

Froome crashed today on a recce of the TTT course in Jerez

https://twitter.com/chrisfroome/status/502493865337954305

Good start! Will do his confidence wonders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭furiousox

furiousox wrote: »

What does that mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

What does that mean?

Not stressed enough? I'd have thought with the weight of expectation of a successful title defense he'd be plenty stressed!

Time to retire I think for Horner, he should have used the Vuelta win last year as his final year.

Time to retire I think for Horner, he should have used the Vuelta win last year as his final year.

Got a whopper pay-cheque from Lampre, in fairness I'd probably cash-in on my success too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

What does that mean?
    I think it means he's on drugs to allow him to breath better because he has bronchitis. The levels in his system are okay are far as the UCI are concerned but not okay as far as the Mouvement Pour un Cyclisme Credible rules. Lampre are signed up to these rules so they have pulled him out.

I watched him in the tour of Utah and no way would he be anywhere near Quintana in the mountains.

I think it means he's on drugs to allow him to breath better because he has bronchitis. The levels in his system are okay are far as the UCI are concerned but not okay as far as the Mouvement Pour un Cyclisme Credible rules. Lampre are signed up to these rules so they have pulled him out.

I watched him in the tour of Utah and no way would he be anywhere near Quintana in the mountains.

Thanks. I read the link but didnt understand what the link was saying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

In fairness he was still suffering from the bronchitis, although I am not a fan of his it seems his lack of performance was due to illness.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Bertie tipping Froome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Dcully wrote: »
    Bertie tipping Froome

He has done a few of these now. For a non-native English speaker he comes across pretty well.

ROK ON wrote: »
    He has done a few of these now. For a non-native English speaker he comes across pretty well.

He comes across very well in it something which he doesnt do often. The pressure is clearly off and he seems very relaxed

PS the clipping on at the end was great

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

He comes across very well in it something which he doesnt do often. The pressure is clearly off and he seems very relaxed

PS the clipping on at the end was great

I had a quick chat with him about 4 years ago near Mazzaron south of Spain not too far from Murcia.
    Couldnt believe my eyes when he stopped off at a small tapas bar with a few other riders to grab a cold drink.
    Its a small tapas bar we head to regularly, plenty of surrounding mountains and lovely beach backdrop,really an unspoiled area.
    Wasnt 100% sure it was him with the gear glasses etc so i got brave and approached saying "Alberto??" only to be greeted with a huge smile and a "yes" i am .
    He couldnt have been nicer and didnt mind chatting away ,even gave me a quick run down on his bike :eek:,very friendly and happy to chat away.
    Since then ive been a big fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

and we're off :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,569 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just a reminder - if anyone wishes to discuss today's stage please start a stage specific thread with no spoilers in the OP.

Please see this sticky for more info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

More refreshing than anything else. :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement