Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

India v England - 5 test series.

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Gillespy

It was RIP English Cricket at the SCG last January or even at Lord's a few weeks ago.. They have turned it around well. Still a better Indian tour than the last one. This is a new team. An opener to partner Vijay, the middle order to find form and pick the best bowlers. Aaron, Yadev, Sharma, Kumar and Ashwin will score as many runs as anyone.

I don't know how India lost this series after Lord's. Losing Sharma, negative selection, the whole Anderson/Jadeja thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Gillespy wrote: »
    I don't know how India lost this series after Lord's. Losing Sharma, negative selection, the whole Anderson/Jadeja thing?

Rotten Batting. In their last 5 innings they managed 178,152,161,148 and 94. You won't win many matches with numbers like that. Most of the dismissals were down to poor shots rather than good bowling.

England got better as the series went on, but they were flattered by some awful play by India.

Especially true with how they played Ali. So many soft dismissals there

Anderson is a magician in these conditions, when it swings he is unplayable. That's not top say I'm on the bandwagon that believes he's the best in the world.

Catching was poor also. They never played their best team either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Gillespy wrote: »
    It was RIP English Cricket at the SCG last January or even at Lord's a few weeks ago.. They have turned it around well. Still a better Indian tour than the last one. This is a new team. An opener to partner Vijay, the middle order to find form and pick the best bowlers. Aaron, Yadev, Sharma, Kumar and Ashwin will score as many runs as anyone.

Tough one to rank both series in terms of awfulness, that England side in 2011 was fantastic and probably at its peak. It was full of confidence and of course they had prepared some spicy pitches. This time around they were at a very low ebb after the loss with the knives properly out for the old guard.

India won a test here, but after their last performances its pretty hollow. They literally gave up for the last 2 tests.

That is their last five innings, sorry but this is disgraceful.

66 overs 178 runs
    46 overs 152 runs
    43 overs 161 runs
    61 overs 148 runs
    29 overs 94 runs

Fletcher can go, he has been useless for India since his appointment. Maybe look at getting Kirsten back?

Dhoni?

He had some gun knocks, but a useless captain in test cricket, useless wicket keeper and their needs to be some sort of fall out from this. Ojha has been toiling away in the ranji for years and gunned it hard against Australia's A side not to long ago.

I wouldn't even be as excited about their pacers either, Dhoni proved he didn't know to use Kumar properly as he bowled him into the ground. Did he think he was Herath? Don't see the resemblance myself.

Aaron? Awesome, but has had loads of injuries and his economy rate is something which will terrify Dhoni and Fletcher as Yadev will back up.
    I wouldn't want to put money on him playing to much in Australia for that reason.

Either way this was one of the most brutal beat downs I have seen for a while.Heck even Zimbabwe fought harder last week against South Africa.

It's going to be carnage in Australia,they need to pray for rain and an injury outbreak in the Aussie squad.

Really good from India today in the 50 over game. England are lucky they are playing loads of games before the world cup because that type of performance simply won't do next year in Australia/NZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

I don't know who's worse.....

England at one day cricket
    or
    India at test cricket

Classy stuff from India in the one dayers but can't read much into it as England have been hopeless

England will get nowhere in one day cricket with Cook as captain and for all his reverse sweeps and unconventional shots it's about time Morgan made some runs

As things stand apart from Morgan (if he makes some runs that is) , Ali ,Hales and maybe Root none of the others should be in the team for next years world cup

Credit to both Boards for getting the schedule right and working on their respective weaknesses. Wall to wall one-dayers for England before the world cup and India play two test series in that time.

Bopara, England's most consistent player of the last few years isn't even in the squad. Morgan is living of reputation now, I'm his biggest fan but he needs to produce.

Finn seems to bowling within himself, give him the new ball and tell him to go all out for a few overs with a packed slip cordon. India needed to be bowled out today.

Before today Joe Root in the last 12 months, has played 18 ODIS, he averages 22.8 at a strike rate of 70. He is very lucky to be still in this side.

Morgan has been stodgy recently, but is averaging close to 40 in the last 12 months, which surprised me as I thought it would be lower,so he isn't a concern.

Agreed with the Finn. The Bopara thing is insanity, so many times over the years he was picked and wasn't deserving, but this time he gets dropped he didn't deserve to be!:pac:

I'd like to see James Taylor in the side,his numbers deserve it and maybe Ali bat higher as he does for Worc.

Not sure Roy is ready for ODI cricket yet though, by all means let him slog himself silly in the t20, but ODI cricket may be a little early for him yet.

For India, its a fine series win, but won't get to excited just yet about them for the world cup, this same side got murdered in New Zealand and South Africa this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Willey should both be given a run in t20, he has been decent in all forms in a terrible team this year. Offers a slogger with the bat and capable of taking wickets too. Wouldn't be any worse than what England have offered generally in the limited overs stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

What's wrong with Morgan nowadays?

After having played Test cricket for the last three matches, England finally belt the white ball around.......still you would fancy India to chase whatever they are set if they are really serious about this match

India really need to pick Yadev in his best format, he is rubbish in ODIS, and gun in test cricket, ffs.

About time Root done something as well, been rubbish for 12 months in this format, interesting to see if he can keep it up.

Advertisement