Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

frequency network update - any difference ?

Options
  • 04-06-2014 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My PS4 just downloaded a large update there now and I see BF4 comes with the option : frequency network update - which I set to high. I played like 5 - 10 minutes of gameplay but didn't notice anything. Anyone else ?

I guess it will take the servers to update to the high frequency but I don't know when that will go live.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It needs to be activated in the options first however.

Personally, after a single round, things seems a little more fluid, and the player seems a little more connected to events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Yes I made sure it was set to high and saved settings.

I played a full round there and still not really awestruck by anything. Things do seem to be connected better but I hope there is more in the pipeline than that.

Have to play infantry intensive round now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Suppose only real way for Irish people figure this out is:

Prior issue: being shot behind a wall, otherwise nothing, nothing at all, game runs on Ultra no FPS drops.

Version:PC
    ISP:UPC 200MB
    FNQ:HIGH
    Network Smoothing: 50%

New issue: Still get shot behind walls. But less of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

I have my network smoothing at 0%... but I have no idea if it helps. Where is everyone finding the best setting for this is?

Would you mind posting here your optimal setting for the Network Smoothing please? Even if they are all different...

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

The Red wrote: »
    I have my network smoothing at 0%... but I have no idea if it helps. Where is everyone finding the best setting for this is?

Would you mind posting here your optimal setting for the Network Smoothing please? Even if they are all different...

Thanks.

I'm hopping between them right now, I think it feels like my bullets weren't registering correct at 0%, since upped it to 20%....

Never messed with them before until now....

No idea if its placebo or what but it feels better to me...

My connection is Fibre with usually a 44ish DL with 19 up and a ping usually around 12ms....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

My only concern is I've never had any significant problems but if they fix things for the rest of you guys I'm going to start dieing a lot more ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

fantastic now i can not get on to play the game due to this error

PnkBstrA.exe

after installing latest drivers and updating punkbuster. why do they have to break soemthing to fix something??:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

fantastic now i can not get on to play the game due to this error

PnkBstrA.exe

after installing latest drivers and updating punkbuster. why do they have to break soemthing to fix something??:P

Click start, type Services in the box, click the little cog. Scroll down find PnkbstrA and PnkbstrB. right click stop them. Then right click start them. Should be fine again.

Click start, type Services in the box, click the little cog. Scroll down find PnkbstrA and PnkbstrB. right click stop them. Then right click start them. Should be fine again.

cheers for the input, in services where you say, there is no PnkbstrA and PnkbstrB

i was hoping it would have sorted itself the last day as it was working perfectly fine since the patch for the couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 and delete the pb folder from there.
    Then run pb installer from here (windows 3.7 version) http://www.evenbalance.com/?page=pbsetup.php

• Advertisement

cheers for that, no joy there either, time for a live chat with origin or ea, i am sure they will be lots of help:P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

The Red wrote: »

Thanks.

Doing a bit more fiddling around with this today....

I think the reason why my hit registration was all over the place last night was because I was on servers that the update had not been implemented on yet, a bit more playing with it today and I have it down to 0%

Again, not sure of it is placebo or not, but if I find I'm starting to get hammered (more than usual :P) I will put it back to 50...

All my searching about it have been met with completely different advice from every post I read so I really don't know what it should be at....

Any techies out there to throw in any advice???

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

It does seem a little more fluid, but then again it did also after the last big patch and the servers were reset.

This game makes me rage so much it's bad for my health. :mad:

Advertisement