Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who's hung over?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

DenMan wrote: »
    Was out drinking Guinness last night. Normally I don't drink it during the year, only when it get's colder and Winter set's in. Anyway had about 5 or 6 and didn't feel great. It's very heavy. I can't understand how people can lash it back. When I see others take it quickly, it's like they are having a meal. 2 or 3 big gulps and it's gone. I tend to take it very gingerly. Won't be doing Guinness again any time soon.

If you're not used to Guinness then drinking 6pints isn't a very good idea. The way I drink my Guinness is to knock back the first half and then take my time with the remainder. I don't think it's heavy, well no more heavier than Cider. I can only have 2 Kopperberg before my stomach's about to explode!
    DenMan wrote: »
    Anybody ever have that feeling of complete numbness in the shower the next morning? The sort of shell shocked feeling where you can't even feel the water coming down on you, like you are in a daze? Wasn't like that today, wasn't too far from it though!!!

Yep, I've had that feeling plenty of times. Usually after a whiskey binge. Best thing is a freezing cold shower, you can't feel it really but it'll eventually wake you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Only have been hung over once so far. When i get home from a night out i always drink at least two pints of water and wake up next morning prefect:D

Vain wrote: »
    Only have been hung over once so far. When i get home from a night out i always drink at least two pints of water and wake up next morning prefect:D

Oooh , mister fancy pants . Well as you get older/drink more that logical thinking goes out the windae!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Oooh , mister fancy pants . Well as you get older/drink more that logical thinking goes out the windae!

Do people generally drink more as they get older? I figured it would be the opposite...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I never get hangovers any more. Last night, has 3 bottles of Discovery Beer and 2 bottles of Concha y Tora Merlot.
    I always eat well before and during drinking and drink water going to bed.

• Advertisement

Orange69 wrote: »
    Do people generally drink more as they get older? I figured it would be the opposite...

I just assumed he/she had just turned of legal drinking age. By the age of 21 s/he'll know the inside of his/her toilet very well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Oh JASUS I had a MAD hangover today...man I'm so ****ing COOL for having a hangover, because it means I was being so MAD the previous night drinking and being RANDOM.

Now I'm going to let everyone know how hungover I was, just to make sure everyone knows how MAD I am.

I may even act extra hungover when I go down to the shop so that people will stop, and think to themselves, wow that person is so COOL and MAD for being hungover.

Look at ME, I'm SO important!, I love to portray myself as a MAD and CRAZY and FUN individual you see.

LMAO! It's Stewie from Family Guy!:P

I had a mixed berry tea last night and consquently I am a BERRY hung-under person.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

Affirmative. Had delicious notions of just drifting off to a non drink fuelled slumber last night only to prove that will power and I just don't seem compatible which coupled with a 2am phone call saw me ride off into the night. Tempered the early advances of the inevitable hangover by tipping away at some yummy red wine for day/evening only to realise now as I type that my hangovers are too smart for me and always find a way to catch up.

What i intend to do is eat, surf and generally try to ignore the rather large rotter that has been getting rent receipts behind my eyes.

Parasite!!

Advertisement