Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noob vs The Internet.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

the courts are tied up with these muppets "shoot the lawyers first" is right

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Only in America as they say! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Flukey wrote:
    Only in America as they say! :rolleyes:
    hehe yes only im a mer a k :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

"overly robust geezer that makes a living walking behind the elephant with a shovel"

Ahh, a practitioner of the oft forgotten art of creative defamation.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

And why exactly are Yahoo! liable for this? They never defamed him. Can you sue the printers who make magazines for publishers if the editor of that magazine defames you? Can you Fuck.

Sir, we've another one to go against the wall. Ready, Aim....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

I think the complaint is that yahoo said they prevent abusive messages. And they didn't. They also didn't supply information about the abusers when it was demanded off them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

"The company, the suit said, responded with incomplete or inaccurate information"

What did they expect, that people fill out their full details, actual name and address etc, when registering with yahoo? They probably got lots of people called Michael Mouse from Florida.
    As for preventing abusive messages, how is describing someone as an "overly robust geezer that makes a living walking behind the elephant with a shovel" abusive? If the guy had said something like "Yo, lawer dude, I'm going to come round to your house and kill you, and bury your dog alive" then I'm sure they wouldn't allow that. This is just typical of the crap you see on the net regarding legalities and rights every day.

Advertisement