Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite MLB uniforms

Options
  • 21-08-2014 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭

Leading on from another thread where we were discussing minor league logos, what are your favourite uniforms and logos of the 30 major league teams? It's not a top 3 or top 5 for eg, just name those you really like.

I think most MLB uniforms are kinda meh. Of course there's the traditional ones - Yankees, Red and White Sox, Tigers, Giants etc and then those from the modern era - Marlins and D'Backs etc. Each to their own and all that but I really only have three that I like a lot:

Pittsburgh Pirates - always loved the yellow and black since I grew up in the 70s watching Willie Stargell et al. I like the pirate logo too. Anyone else remember the pillbox caps?!

Toronto Blue Jays - biased I know but even if I wasn't a fan I'd still love them. I genuinely think the dark blue unis are some of the nicer in the Bigs. Cool logo and I love the numbers design too.

Cincinnati Reds - again, having grew up watching baseball in the 70s, I always admired the Big Red Machine and although the logo and unis are kinda plain, I associate them with that team and those great players. I like it's simplicity I suppose. And I do like red!

So there you go, my favourites. What are yours and why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

I’m a traditionalist. Dodgers and Yankees have the best uniforms IMO. Really don’t like the Indians changing their uniform this year because of all the political correctness furor over Chief Wahoo.

I went to a AAA Lehigh Valley IronPigs game over the weekend and they were wearing the worst uniform I’ve ever seen. Frilly ruffles on the front and a skull on the back... my god, it's baseball not clown town! Some of their prior single game uniform errors in judgement:
    th?id=HN.608000840608252066&pid=15.1&P=0
    th?id=HN.608022903850471068&pid=15.1&P=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

If we're including the minors and as I'm a big fan of the originals Star Wars films, I love any number of teams that have had Star wars themed uniforms over the years.

At the majors, I've always liked Oakland and going back a while, the Padres brown uniforms (but not the budgie yellow ones) were pretty cool too. Miami's the one I think is the worst though. I hate the colours on the logo

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Lee_Torre

Classic Detroit Tigers Olde English D. (I'm a homer, but they ARE classic...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

In the current day.

DBacks and Rockies are the worst.

A's, Blue Jays and Dodgers are prob my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Giants

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ijusty

gotta be the traditional red sox one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Pete Rose in the 70's. Cincinatti

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭jk86

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

Love the Cardinals. One of the classics. Same basic design since Musial's day with only small alterations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Does anyone know if I can get a Giants uniform in the Dublin area? Toddler size

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Dubliner28 wrote:
    Does anyone know if I can get a Giants uniform in the Dublin area? Toddler size

I seriously doubt it. Try some UK online stores.

Advertisement