Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

York Thursday

• 21-08-2014 8:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

York 3:05

Santefisio is one I’ve tried before a few times without much success but he is a decent horse if everything goes in his favour and has had a few performances (mainly at Ascot to be fair) which would give him a tiny squeak here. 1 Mile of Good-Firm should be fine for him and at 66/1 he is well above the price id be prepared to take a gamble on and is worthy of a small bet just in case.

1 Point EW 66/1 BetVictor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭DylanAFC

Valley of Fire (8/1) in the 1:55. Good winner last time out. Kool Kompany is very good so maybe betting without may be the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,990 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Lads anybody know what Betfair are like for withdrawing. I see they are going 4/1 on Taghrooda max a tenner for new customers. Got a deal like that with Coral before and it took me months go get it out. Are they much bother or are they alright?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭shmeee

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Lads anybody know what Betfair are like for withdrawing. I see they are going 4/1 on Taghrooda max a tenner for new customers. Got a deal like that with Coral before and it took me months go get it out. Are they much bother or are they alright?

Different class.

Same as me with coral. Pure apes.

No problems with betfair, get any documentation in asap and you won't be waiting long. Free 40 quid coming you way so.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

tiggy wiggy in the next for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Was hoping they'd run her in the Nunthorpe, getting lumps of weight from the older horses.

• Advertisement

shmeee wrote: »
    Different class.

Same as me with coral. Pure apes.

No problems with betfair, get any documentation in asap and you won't be waiting long. Free 40 quid coming you way so.

Using the sisters name for the account i already have an account are they strict on only one account per house? Never even thought about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Tapestry was flying at the end of the irish oaks with Ryan Moore up i think she might be worth a few shekels today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

That's two super performances from her.
    Love that trailblazing stuff in sprints.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Using the sisters name for the account i already have an account are they strict on only one account per house? Never even thought about that.

A few bookies caught me up on that before. Especially when giving you offers like this betfair one. Address needs to be different at least. Read the t+cs, and if it says one per household.

That was impressive, course record.

• Advertisement

That was impressive, course record.

was an electric performance, smashing filly!

That filly who came second might win a Moyglare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Blown away by Tiggy Wiggy there. If she stays to sprinting and makes expected improvement as a 3 year old she could dominate sprinting for a few years. Don't think it would be right to send her the Guineas route.

That filly who came second might win a Moyglare.

ive just backed her with boyles at 20/1 for the 1000 guineas, thought it was a super run and she'll relish the step up in trip.

rossom wrote: »
    Blown away by Tiggy Wiggy there. If she stays to sprinting and makes expected improvement as a 3 year old she could dominate sprinting for a few years. Don't think it would be right to send her the Guineas route.

hughes said after that she got the 6 well but he was glad the line came, definitely don't think she should go the guineas route, she has so much raw speed i agree she could dominate sprinting.

A few bookies caught me up on that before. Especially when giving you offers like this betfair one. Address needs to be different at least. Read the t+cs, and if it says one per household.

Signed up there now no hassle got the bet on. If she wins it's something to play around with for next few days is all. I might try withdraw something small to see what happens, would be sick to run it up to a few hundred and not be allowed withdraw.

rossom wrote: »

There's a new 3yo Group One sprint at Royal Ascot next year, looks tailor made for her. If they go down the Guineas route they'll ruin her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

There's more chance of a colt running in the 1000 than her. She is an absolute beast was rated 120 before the race today. To put that into perspective that is absolutely astronomical for a two year old filly at this stage of the season. Champion two year old colts crowned after October aren't much above that

Sorry she was rated 117. If she ran in the Nunthorpe tomorrow she would have been rated 2lbs below Sole Power in receipt of two stone. Imagine what she'd have done

There's more chance of a colt running in the 1000 than her. She is an absolute beast was rated 120 before the race today. To put that into perspective that is absolutely astronomical for a two year old filly at this stage of the season. Champion two year old colts crowned after October aren't much above that

They should've run her in the Nunthorpe.

They should've run her in the Nunthorpe.

I'd have loved to see it but I suppose you can't blame the owners. Bring her along slowly. There's plenty of time for gr.1's next year, something goes wrong it can bottom a horse especially a filly who is still maturing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Wow that was a ballsy run by Smullen!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,019 ✭✭✭Itziger

Wow, Smullen there. Half brilliant, half lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Volvic12

Itziger wrote: »
    Wow, Smullen there. Half brilliant, half lucky!

When they come off they are brilliant!

Moore outrode Hanagan. World of difference between those two jockeys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Ryan Moore - you just got to applaud that ride. Not a penny on him but that was class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Moore outrode Hanagan. World of difference between those two jockeys.

harsh,they crawled and sprinted - did not suit taghrooda. why they did not run a pacemaker is beyond me. result would be completely different in a truly ran race

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Volvic12

Tapestry was flying at the end of the irish oaks with Ryan Moore up i think she might be worth a few shekels today.

Good call - great ride by Moore

harsh,they crawled and sprinted - did not suit taghrooda. why they did not run a pacemaker is beyond me. result would be completely different in a truly ran race

Gosden said beforehand that if the pace was slow, then Hanagan might make it. He didn't. She led a long way out in the Oaks and she didn't stop at the finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

Hannigan is a class act, delighted he didn't start making excuses.

• Advertisement

Don't think Hanagan did anything wrong. Great to see a fight from just over a furlong out. 2 very good horses.

Christ, listening to Aidan is painful. (On about Spancer)

Bit disappointing that she's been beaten but Tapestry is clearly a good filly. You always got the impression she's a bit better than she's shown. Good race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Thats Taghrooda's bubble truly burst - no real excuses just beaten by the better horse on the day. Out to 10-1 now for the Arc, a race i cant see her winning after today. Tapestry had been threatening that all season and delighted to see her win.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭FIVE2_THREE

We here in Europe have a problem that emerges every year. the racing Media often feels the need to hype up horses and chant how much a horse towers over the rest. I hope the media stops this nonsense because they have egg on their faces after that race.

We here in Europe have a problem that emerges every year. the racing Media often feels the need to hype up horses and chant how much a horse towers over the rest. I hope the media stops this nonsense because they have egg on their faces after that race.

You should've said that before the race. Then we could have all been in awe of your prescience ;)

You should've said that before the race. Then we could have all been in awe of your prescience ;)
    Unlike those in the media I wait for the FACTS before I reach conclusions. after all, races are run on the track not the paper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Unlike those in the media I wait for the FACTS before I reach conclusions. after all, races are run on the track not the paper.

Yes, and the facts before this race was that Taghrooda towered above the rest of the fillies.

I really don't understand what your point is here.

Hopefully Starlet can do the business in the next. Must say that York is an excellent meeting, much better than the overhyped Glorious Goodwood.

andyman wrote: »
    Yes, and the facts before this race was that Taghrooda towered above the rest of the fillies.

I really don't understand what your point is here.

The point is that races are run on the track not on the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Warper wrote: »
    Hopefully Starlet can do the business in the next. Must say that York is an excellent meeting, much better than the overhyped Glorious Goodwood.

I'm very sweet on Starlet, liked his last run.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

I agree. We should all be able to do our bets after the race. It's a scam.

• Advertisement

You said that the media hype up horses.

The media hyped up Taghrooda after winning the Pretty Polly stakes on the build up to the Oaks. All of us said she wouldn't win because of the form coming from the PP

She won easily at Epsom.

There was zero hype about her in comparison before the King George. Most of us were in the fence.

She won easily against the older horses for the first time.

As far as I'm concerned, she deserved all the hype she was getting until today. She was unbeaten and beat some very good horses along the way. You have come on today with the attitude that you knew this would happen. Nobody expected Taghrooda to lose today. Until today, all the hype about her that she was the best 3yo filly around was deserved.

Why? To use your own phrase:

"Races are run on the track"

And she had beaten all put before her before today.

Starlet is an absolute donkey - finished last

You said that the media hype up horses.

The media hyped up Taghrooda after winning the Pretty Polly stakes on the build up to the Oaks. All of us said she wouldn't win because of the form coming from the PP

She won easily at Epsom.

There was zero hype about her in comparison before the King George. Most of us were in the fence.

She won easily against the older horses for the first time.

As far as I'm concerned, she deserved all the hype she was getting until today. She was unbeaten and beat some very good horses along the way. You have come on today with the attitude that you knew this would happen. Nobody expected Taghrooda to lose today. Until today, all the hype about her that she was the best 3yo filly around was deserved.

Why? To use your own phrase:

"Races are run on the track"

And she had beaten all put before her before today.

Key words BEFORE TODAY. were we not taught at school to gather all the facts before reacting a conclusion ? I'm sure you've here the saying things arent's always as they seem. Some were so quick to chant out that she was unbeatable but today the facts proved otherwise.

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    I agree. We should all be able to do our bets after the race. It's a scam.

or at the least be optimistic. Horses are not machines. anything is possible.

Key words BEFORE TODAY. were we not taught at school to gather all the facts before reacting a conclusion ? I'm sure you've here the saying things arent's always as they seem. Some were so quick to chant out that she was unbeatable but today the facts proved otherwise.

And you're championing your opinion that you were somehow right about Taghrooda...after the race.

Facts are. You're saying that she was overhyped after she was beaten. You never held this view before today. You said earlier that racing was a funny game. You never said you expected her to be beaten.

Answer me this. Before today, did she look unbeatable. Yes or no?

If you say no, then her hype before today was justified in your eyes because she did all her talking on the track.

No-one seems to be able to figure out what you're saying. "BEFORE TODAY", well, yeah, she was unbeaten: FACT. Was she unbeatable, obviously bloody not but you can only know that AFTER the horse is beaten.

Do you think Epsom and Ascot (a Classic and an all age Group 1) are paper tracks??

Your point about hype only applies to horses who've done nothing or very little. Say, a horse who wins by 19 lengths in Tipp against donkeys!!

This was not the case with Taghrooda, so we don't get your point.

And you're championing your opinion that you were somehow right about Taghrooda...after the race.

Facts are. You're saying that she was overhyped after she was beaten. You never held this view before today. You said earlier that racing was a funny game. You never said you expected her to be beaten.

Answer me this. Before today, did she look unbeatable. Yes or no?

If you say no, then her hype before today was justified in your eyes because she did all her talking on the track.

I made no predictions about the horse prior to the race. All I ever said was anything can happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Your point about hype only applies to horses who've done nothing or very little. Say, a horse who wins by 19 lengths in Tipp against donkeys!!

Indeed. Not just the media hyping up horses is it?

At any rate its more or less the job of the media (horse racing media included) to focus and report on what they percieve to be out of the ordinary.

No-one seems to be able to figure out what you're saying. "BEFORE TODAY", well, yeah, she was unbeaten: FACT. Was she unbeatable, obviously bloody not but you can only know that AFTER the horse is beaten.

Do you think Epsom and Ascot (a Classic and an all age Group 1) are paper tracks??

This was not the case with Taghrooda, so we don't get your point.

Put it this way. today the apple cart hit a snag. all of that Arc talk that so many chanted from the hills is now mute.

Gregk961 wrote: »
    Indeed. Not just the media hyping up horses is it?

At any rate its more or less the job of the media (horse racing media included) to focus and report on what they percieve to be out of the ordinary.

Unlike the Media I don't have the power to hype or tip horses. what I say is my own opinion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement