Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URL Parameters

Options
  • 06-11-2014 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi,

I am running a SQL Server/ASP driven website. As it stands if you do a search on the site, the results page address turns up something like this...abc.com/Results.asp?Coname=JohnDough. Is it possible to get the address bar to read e.g. abc.com/JohnDough instead. Or alteratively to type in this URL and bring back the results that would have appeared had i searched abc.com/Results.asp?Coname=JohnDough

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Approach 3 is what you're looking for here - http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/tip-trick-url-rewriting-with-asp-net

* I'm in no way good at ASP but url rewrite are pretty similar across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MikeFantana

Thats great . Will check this out:)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭magooly

What you want is Seach Engine Friendly Urls. Apache rewrite supports this.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

If your pages have a .asp extension, they're probably written in classic ASP (not .net) on Microsoft IIS (no Apache).

You can use something like ISAPI Rewrite (Helicon Tech) to rewrite the URLS to mask the query strings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

You can use something like ISAPI Rewrite (Helicon Tech)

ohh I use to use that but had totally forgotten about it

• Advertisement
Advertisement