Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BTEA Query. Please Advise

• 02-05-2012 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

i started a level 5 plc course last september i got the btea but havent returned to the plc course since last january. i didnt tell the social welfare as i want to keep the btea for university this september as ive applied anyways.

now time is up and i know i need to tell them something in the next two weeks do i tell them i didnt complete the plc or do i say nothing? as am sure if they know ive left i wont get the btea for uni this september which i really need??

can anyone help me with this am so stressed and worried. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

Of course they'll know you didn't finish it if you don't get any results from exams! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 unreg99

Noelly wrote: »
    Of course they'll know you didn't finish it if you don't get any results from exams! :confused:

They don't ask for exam results just date finished

unreg99 wrote: »
    They don't ask for exam results just date finished

Regardless, you'll have to tell them the truth. If you lie and get found out it'd probably count as defraudment.

Regardless, you'll have to tell them the truth. If you lie and get found out it'd probably count as defraudment.

I agree don't feel comfortable lying. Is there any chance thy will let me keep the BTEA for september? :(

unreg99 wrote: »
    I agree don't feel comfortable lying. Is there any chance thy will let me keep the BTEA for september? :(

I'm not sure. Is your FETAC course a requirement for getting into the new course? Ask your local office about it and I'm sure they'll be able to tell you..

• Advertisement

I'm not sure. Is your FETAC course a requirement for getting into the new course? Ask your local office about it and I'm sure they'll be able to tell you..

No fetac requirement for degree course as I have a good leaving cert

Can anybody else offer any more advice on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I thought that BTEA was still given once the course you applied for was an increase on the previous one.

Don't do something silly like lying, they could catch you no problem, and since I assume you have been continuing to claim your BTEA instead of Jobseekers even though you were not attending, they could easily demand the €500 grant back, as well as any money owed if you were on a lesser payment on your Social Welfare (eg only getting €100 a week on the dole, and €188 on BTEA would mean you would have to give all the excess back).

Best advice I can give is to go to them now and tell them you have not finished the course and say you've found a university course you would prefer. They might be accomodating, then again they might not. You have been lying, and they will probably assume there is nothing stopping you from leaving your uni course either.

Advertisement