Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Central rents unit contact

• 24-08-2011 5:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭

I applied for rent allowance till i go back to college in september and submitted my application by post to the CRU 3 weeks ago now. I have had no conctact from them and over the past 10 days I have been trying to call them but they always say their operators are busy and put me on hold. I have often waited up to 2 hours before giving up. Do these guys actually answer or are they leaving their phones off the hook the whole day? Anyone any experiences with them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Only me!

Im having the same problem, i applyed for rent at the end of june:mad: I dont think any1 is ther to pick up the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭acostelloe1

Yep me too its a joke. I honestly think we are trying to contact an empty office. I will mail them in my forms. Does anybody have an address for them? I am living in Kilmainham but i presume that doesn't matter as its central office? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭helen1

I spent ages ringing them. After looking on the internet i found an email address and they responded the same day. info@communitywelfareservice.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭dreamingoak

The email address is great to hear about - apparently they will also reply quickly if you fax, but where you get the use of the machine god knows. They will eventually answer the phone if you stay on the line - I put the pone on speaker and carry it around with me all day. The first time it took three days, the second time 'just' the one day. I wish they'd go back to the old system. I may have to move soon, because they've lowered the rent limits and didn't tell me, but last time it took 4 months before they started to pay! I'm terrified of this happening again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Yep me too its a joke. I honestly think we are trying to contact an empty office. I will mail them in my forms. Does anybody have an address for them? I am living in Kilmainham but i presume that doesn't matter as its central office? Cheers.
    Eerily accurate about the empty office. Look at this.
    http://communitywelfareservice.ie/cws_public/content/centralise-rent-unit-dublin-information
    That didnt last long. Less than 1 year!

Oh god I hope that's going to be a positive change and not a negative one!

ps the address is on the forms, top right corner I think, The Central Rents Unit, its a po box number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭scarymoon1

the staff are run off their feet in there and there is only one person to answer the phone. its all down to staff being let go as there is not enough finance to renew contracts. expect long delays in the future as more staff are being let go this month im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭noelo

I applied for rent allowance till i go back to college in september and submitted my application by post to the CRU 3 weeks ago now. I have had no conctact from them and over the past 10 days I have been trying to call them but they always say their operators are busy and put me on hold. I have often waited up to 2 hours before giving up. Do these guys actually answer or are they leaving their phones off the hook the whole day? Anyone any experiences with them?
    I let the phone ring twice today for two hours, no joy , what did you do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭noelo

The email address is great to hear about - apparently they will also reply quickly if you fax, but where you get the use of the machine god knows. They will eventually answer the phone if you stay on the line - I put the pone on speaker and carry it around with me all day. The first time it took three days, the second time 'just' the one day. I wish they'd go back to the old system. I may have to move soon, because they've lowered the rent limits and didn't tell me, but last time it took 4 months before they started to pay! I'm terrified of this happening again.
    they sent me out a review for and i sent it back the same day, two weeks later i get a call from the finglas office saying what is this for/. i said inever sent it to you's i sent it to the po box number, now! no rent allowance this month, I am ****ed, cant get through cant do nothing............

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭acostelloe1

Its shut down. Theres no one there they just didnt bother telling anyone. I applied to them and waited and rang like you and then one then i bumped into someone i knew and he told me they'd moved back to being dealt with by your local CWO. I went in and got mine sorted in September. Just go to your local office and talk to your CWO.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DaneScott

helen1 wrote: »
    I spent ages ringing them. After looking on the internet i found an email address and they responded the same day. info@communitywelfareservice.ie

Used this e mail and they got back to me in a couple of minutes. Sound. Thank you.

Advertisement