Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do the government check for fraud?

Options
  • 07-05-2012 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I am just wondering how the government check for fraud for people claiming social welfare and working? I know someone who is claiming job seekers allowance and saying that he is only working one or two days a week but also working a full time job. Do the government not look at what tax a person is paying and from that not work out how much they are earning? Are there no systems in place to stop this? Do they have any other techniques? I know another person who is claiming unemployment and working a full time job also. It just seems crazy!

THanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lukep13

These threads make me chuckle.:pac: especially if it's someone that just registered, and its their first post lol.. The answer is YES sooner or later the gov't will find YOU that you are working under the table while claiming

To report yourself or someone else you may here

http://www.welfare.ie/en/contactus/Pages/reportfraud.aspx

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Most amusing.Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement