Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pure Mule

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dondonjordan

Think the series is brilliant. Scobie is the man and the Gards' wife is a milf. But why oh why did they have to show bomber's girlfrieds's tits in the last episode. She has a mouth like a horse!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Nimrod's Son

Think the series is brilliant. Scobie is the man and the Gards' wife is a milf. But why oh why did they have to show bomber's girlfrieds's tits in the last episode. She has a mouth like a horse!!!

:D I'd say her mouth is more like that of a lamprey. Ah but she's cute in her own way in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

http://www.ifta.ie/nominees/index.htm

for more details

Nora Jane Noone from the desent is nominated

Jasus did they not watch the feckin descent :rolleyes:

Dawn Bradford Plays the married woman scobie (Garette Lombard is also up for an award) was with.

Gary Lydon is up for the Clinic but plays Boomer in Pure Mule. Eileen Walsh plays the Girl that Boomer was engaged to.

Episode 4 is up for best direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

The funniest moment in it (and in my town the most unlikely) was the squad car arriving with 3 guards in it! Blues and Twos going, leaping into action. In Dundalk they drive about til the rows are all over and then go for their break!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Her mouth may look like that of a mule (excuse the pun).... but ya gotta admit she's got a fine body underneath it all!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

oh i think the funniest has to be the bloody wardrobe still in the middle of scobie and seamie's bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭ergo

another good episode tonight

I have to say I was really cringeing at two different points during the show (very uncomfortable viewing but in a good way if you know what I mean)

1. when she was stuck on top of the big gate at the GAA club (like she wanted to get caught)

2. when she got brought home to the husband completely locked and was hanging out of the husband mumbling Scobie's name....ouch

and as a previous poster said, she is a bit of a "milf" alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Good, but not great. And definitely not as good as last weeks excellent ep, im afraid. Still, i look forward to next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

The bit where she puked on the door took me by surprise. I thought tonight's ep was pretty good actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I missed tonights episode .. and I didn't think I'd care but I'm sorry now! Dare I ask when is the repeat on?!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Morgans

I thought last night's was the weakest of the series to date. What I enjoy about the program is the way it has captured country life without crossing the line into the cliche. Scobie's character could be one of thousands around Ireland, but last night, Buster could and probably should have been played by Pat Short, and meeting the two characters Mole and Skunk ("You dont play pool with Mole and Skunk") just crossed the line into the hackneyed view of country life. I could live without the method of showing the psychological state of Deirdre - clock second hand ticking, close up of her eyes, close up of the cigarette etc. Wasnt effective, and took away from what should have been a good storyline. IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

yeah last night's episode just felt too much like all the other marriage problems stories that soaps have been running for years. It lacked the uniqueness that Pure Mule has had up to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Cork_girl wrote:
    I missed tonights episode .. and I didn't think I'd care but I'm sorry now! Dare I ask when is the repeat on?!!! :D

Repeats on Sunday nights. Nice touch last night when Mrs. Garda was crying in the kitchen and the shot was from the hallway where in the foreground you could make out the wedding picture hanging on the wall. Otherwise the soundtrack and some of the camera angles were a nice departure from the usual ordinary stuff we see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

bruachain wrote:
    Repeats on Sunday nights.
    thanks for that!! will have to catch it.. see what the fuss is about! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I'll start by saying I think it's good RTE are showing Pure Mule as opposed to another Dublin based "Drama" along the lines of Proof/The Big Bow Wow, seems like they are starting to realise we don't ALL live in Dublin. The problem I have with the show is that it's inaccesible (in my view) to foreigners like myself, I find the dialogue at times to be to focused on colloquialisms and is near unintelligble for people who don't come from Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

is there only one or two episodes left?
    please say it aint so...

The website doesn't give much away.

The problem I have with the show is that it's inaccesible (in my view) to foreigners like myself, I find the dialogue at times to be to focused on colloquialisms and is near unintelligble for people who don't come from Ireland.

British TV tends to be the same. You are living in Ireland you prehaps should pick up some of the "colloquialisms". I don't know where you are from but I assume that you have very many Americanisms and you don't even live there. COOL.

By the way I am not trying to offend any foreigners. Also being from Dublin its the first time I have ever heard of the term "Pure Mule".

Also I was going to say well done for not using the word "unintelligble" but you have. I wouldn't have thought that there where that many colloquialisms in the show, espically being from dublin were there aren't many colloquialisms. Are you a native english speaker? (Again no offence intended)

Remember when The Commitments came out in U.S. cinemas and they had to issue a 'translation booklet'.

Remember when The Commitments came out in U.S. cinemas and they had to issue a 'translation booklet'.

Well that is a bit different since the Americans where living in America at the time.

Also if you take American films and TV they are dubbed into foreign lanuages for foreign audiences in foreign countries. (Personally I would rather read subtitles).

Sorry if my previous posted sounded rasist that was not my intention. If I where to go abroad to live I would pick up some of the slang of the local people and hopeful if they have a different lanuage that lanuage.

Does anyone have a copy of the Translation Booklet for the Committments?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Pinx

Femmy wrote:
    is there only one or two episodes left?
    please say it aint so...

I have a feeling that the episode on Tuesday 11th Oct is the last one in the series... I could be wrong though! (hopefully!)

Finale tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

So what including tonight is that the grand total of 4 episodes???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

kmart6 wrote:
    So what including tonight is that the grand total of 4 episodes???

It's a 6 part series. Very short alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Thought tonights episode(the finale) was brilliant. Hoping there'll be a second series.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I turned on the TV to see them in that disco getting of with each other, since that, iv been hooked to it. Thought the episode that i saw was good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Pinx

rb_ie wrote:
    Thought tonights episode(the finale) was brilliant. Hoping there'll be a second series.

Yeah - really enjoyed last night's episode -- am hoping they might repeat it at Christmas though, seeing as I missed the first few episodes! A second series would be great - 6 episodes was much too short!

It's a 6 part series. Very short alright.

I think the most batchelors walk had was 8 in the 3rd series.

Love is the Drug only had 6 in all.

RTE TWO don't generally do any more then 6 episodes, its more of a Mini-series.

I thought it ended well, with Jennifer leaving since it started with Jennifer Arriving home.

The could have had an episode devoted to Jennifer's friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I missed an epsiode and now Bomber is in prison!! What happened there? And Theresa's tits, jasus the mouth really puts you off so I don't think I'd like to see the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

The Finale was good I thought, jasus wasn't your man a lucky fella to be bedding the two birds!!!!

So, anyone know if there are plans for a second run???

Advertisement