Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suicide Investigation

Options
  • 26-05-2015 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how much of an investigation is done into a suicide ?

I understand that there is an inquest , but do the Guards do things like check
    CCTV or do up a timeline of what the deceased was doing in the hours leading up to them dying or being found by someone ? And if so , does this all get produced at the inquest , for example will they show the last known footage of a person getting off a bus , or visiting a shop ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Depends on the circumstances of the suicide. Generally, all that is done is produce evidence of the last time they were seen, the circumstances of the body being discovered, the identification of the body and medical evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Depends on the circumstances of the suicide. Generally, all that is done is produce evidence of the last time they were seen, the circumstances of the body being discovered, the identification of the body and medical evidence.

Thanks , this person travelled to a location , but the exact timeline is unknown which is why I was wondering if they would check CCTV in a train station to establish that or maybe track the persons phone to establish what happened between the time they were last seen and when they were found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Only if there was cause to. Generally there would not be unless the death was suspicious in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

OP, this thread can be transferred to the Emergency Services forum, if you wish. It's probably more of a Garda procedural question than a legal question.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

OP, this thread can be transferred to the Emergency Services forum, if you wish. It's probably more of a Garda procedural question than a legal question.

That'd be great, thanks. Wasnt sure where to ask the question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Mod:

Transferred to the Emergency Services forum, by request.

Please note that the ES charter applies now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement