Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ambulance fee

Options
  • 24-01-2015 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I was brought into A&E yesterday after a road traffic accident. Is there a charge for that, and if so what is it. I stayed the night and am back out now, nobody mentioned a fee, do they post one out? Who is liable for the fee? I was a pedestrian and a car hit me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The hospital is likely to charge you a fee for A+E. The ambulance service won't.
    Hope you're okay now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,808 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If you do get a charge (from A&E, not the ambulance), then you can either pay it and hold onto the receipt, or tell them the situation and put the claim against the motorists insurance. That's if the driver was in the wrong. Not saying they were or weren't!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Pilarica

P_Fitz wrote: »
    I was brought into A&E yesterday after a road traffic accident. Is there a charge for that, and if so what is it. I stayed the night and am back out now, nobody mentioned a fee, do they post one out? Who is liable for the fee? I was a pedestrian and a car hit me.

Did you find out? is it free when an ambulance calls to your house in galway? My baby had a small emergency so I called to get advice and by the tune they were here even though they were quite fast I had sorted it out. It was more a first time mom panic.

Pilarica wrote: »
    Did you find out? is it free when an ambulance calls to your house in galway? My baby had a small emergency so I called to get advice and by the tune they were here even though they were quite fast I had sorted it out. It was more a first time mom panic.

There is no fee for ambulance. If you were brought to a&e the hospital would charge you for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I thought, probably incorrectly, that they ask you if you are putting in a claim for injury from the collision, if you are then they do charge you, 160 odd or something, otherwise you don't pay. Some or all of that could well be completely wrong.

• Advertisement

I thought, probably incorrectly, that they ask you if you are putting in a claim for injury from the collision, if you are then they do charge you, 160 odd or something, otherwise you don't pay. Some or all of that could well be completely wrong.

All of it. Ambulance don't charge. Some fire brigades charge for call outs not medical related. That's why insurance has fire brigade cover.

Advertisement