Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online Log EDT

• 12-08-2013 1:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭

Hey,

My instructor keeps my logbook up to date but I logged in to My EDT online and there were no record of any lessons completed. I mentioned to him and asked would he log them for me. Went to check now but I can't get in and it says "Driver does not exist on NVDF" (National Vehicle and Driver File database) What happened?? I entered the correct details, one minute I was registered, the next I amn't. Freaking out here. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

As long you've got EDT stamps and instructor signatures in your actual logbook, then you're fine. You'll just have to bring it with you when you will be doing your driving test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I thought logbook was basically obsolete now? how can I apply for test if amn't registered anymore?? I have 10/12 EDTs done

Don't know, I didn't hear anything like that. I never checked my 'profile' on the internet, to be honest.

Try applying for the test online, it should be pretty straightforward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

Log book is obsolete. The tester doesnt ask for it. Its not on the checklist they give if I remember right. They check online before the test. OP try see if you can sign in here https://www.drivingtest.ie/ApplicantSelfScheduleTesting/Applicants/ApplicationSignIn.aspx

Thanks for that link, it works now... Maybe it was a glitch on the site for a few hours?? No lessons logged as of yet. Hmm...

• Advertisement

Talk to your instructor just to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭HurtLocker

Thanks for that link, it works now... Maybe it was a glitch on the site for a few hours?? No lessons logged as of yet. Hmm...

Thats suss. Some adi upload after every lesson, some every night and others once a week but 10 lessons and none logged. Id make sure to sort that out before you finish up with him or before you apply for the test. Could cause unnessary hassle. Hopefull its just a glitch on the RSA system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

If they're no lessons logged on EDT then RSA won't issue you a test date as you'll be on EDT hold.
    Make sure Instructor has them done before completing Lesson 12, if you have any issues contact RSA.

Motor-Ed wrote: »
    If they're no lessons logged on EDT then RSA won't issue you a test date as you'll be on EDT hold.
    Make sure Instructor has them done before completing Lesson 12, if you have any issues contact RSA.

Says will log them at the end of the 12... hmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mine weren't logged until I did my 12. Are your six months up yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

An ADI should upload each lesson within a reasonable time of each lesson.
    Pretty sure the RSA say within one week.
    I cannot see any good reason for failing to log them until all 12 are completed, other perhaps then trying to limit the learners ability to switch instructor.

Says will log them at the end of the 12... hmmm.

You don't have to stick with same ADI so the only reason for waiting til end is to hold on to you, adi@rsa.ie is your next step

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Marks Motoring

You don't have to stick with same ADI so the only reason for waiting til end is to hold on to you, adi@rsa.ie is your next step

You can as stated change instructor at anytime, so to say that the reason the 12hrs aren't logged immediately is to hold onto a student is nonsense. They are usually uploaded in batches as its easier for the instructor. Also edt lessons can only be uploaded on one specific computer. This is a pain as I personally would like some kind of app that means we could upload it easier and quicker from the car.

You can as stated change instructor at anytime, so to say that the reason the 12hrs aren't logged immediately is to hold onto a student is nonsense. They are usually uploaded in batches as its easier for the instructor. Also edt lessons can only be uploaded on one specific computer. This is a pain as I personally would like some kind of app that means we could upload it easier and quicker from the car.

The poster said that the ADI wasn't going to upload them til 12 were completed.
    For you to say that because its only done on 1 computer is a justifiable reason then you are deluded.
    Do most Learners know that they can change Instructors, I doubt it.
    My opinion is as stated.
    Btw the revision of EDT and upgrading of RSA computer system is expected to introduce the possibility of using tablets for uploading.

Glad to hear you're so busy you don't have the time to complete the service in a timely fashion your customer has paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Marks Motoring

The poster said that the ADI wasn't going to upload them til 12 were completed.
    For you to say that because its only done on 1 computer is a justifiable reason then you are deluded.
    Do most Learners know that they can change Instructors, I doubt it.
    My opinion is as stated.
    Btw the revision of EDT and upgrading of RSA computer system is expected to introduce the possibility of using tablets for uploading.

Glad to hear you're so busy you don't have the time to complete the service in a timely fashion your customer has paid for.

1. I never said it justified not putting them up as expected. Please read again

2. Do most learners know they can change instructor" you doubt it" based on what do you doubt this? This information is available if you care to read manuals we issue with the logbook.

Thank you I am extremely busy and I do the work as expected by the rsa and the customer. I never said I didn't upload on a weekly basis. Again your just assuming. Your doing a lot of that.

1. I never said it justified not putting them up as expected. Please read again

2. Do most learners know they can change instructor" you doubt it" based on what do you doubt this? This information is available if you care to read manuals we issue with the logbook.

Thank you I am extremely busy and I do the work as expected by the rsa and the customer. I never said I didn't upload on a weekly basis. Again your just assuming. Your doing a lot of that.

The original poster said their ADI wasn't going to upload ANY lessons until all 12 were done and you were giving reasons why that could be happening "pain in the arse" etc.
    I've had many Learners say they weren't aware they could move as they didn't bother reading the booklet.
    Maybe the OP could comment on that.
    Again glad to hear you're busy and keeping everything up to date.
    As said I hope the new EDT brings us the tablet option like the Examiners

Well, that escalated quickly...

Yea, ADI says it's a hassle wth glitches and stuff and you end up losing them when it crashes and is a pain in the face. Everyone hates admin but it's part of the job & is getting paid to do it. I don't need the feedback or anything logged, all I want is it ticked off that I completed it.

Says not to worry will have them up and can apply for test. I have one left. Have to pay for one still. So might just hold out & pay when they're logged.

I am aware that I can change instructor but yes, the non logging would make me reluctant to do so it in case am left in the lurch & have to start from scratch. It is a good strategy to keep clients.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

I always make my pupils aware, on their very first lesson, that they are free to move to another instructor whenever they like. I also make the point that no ADI should keep their logbook.

They are never in any doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Stubility

HurtLocker wrote: »
    Log book is obsolete. The tester doesnt ask for it. Its not on the checklist they give if I remember right. They check online before the test. OP try see if you can sign in here https://www.drivingtest.ie/ApplicantSelfScheduleTesting/Applicants/ApplicationSignIn.aspx

that link doesn't appear to bring you to My EDT, but rather to the payment and scheduling of your test.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement