Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

applying for test online/ 6 month rule

• 02-08-2013 4:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭

Hi I know I need to wait 6 months before sitting the test, but should I be able to apply for it before the 6 months are up (to avoid the waiting list)?

I have my learner permit about a month but the website says my details can't be found when I try to apply for the test.

Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

nd wrote: »
    Hi I know I need to wait 6 months before sitting the test, but should I be able to apply for it before the 6 months are up (to avoid the waiting list)?

I have my learner permit about a month but the website says my details can't be found when I try to apply for the test.

Thanks for any info.

You should be able to apply but you won't get issued with a date until 6 months and or EDT is complete
    Are you using the correct driver no it's 9 digits long
    Line 4 d on new permit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Was using line 5 :o. Working now, thanks alot :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

Hi there,
    I applied last night and my 6 months is up 6 October and I will have my EDT completed early September. It did not let me choose a date it said it would pick one for me? I applied early because I wanted to choose a Saturday in late October. Is there a way I can choose the date myself if I ring them. I would not of applied so early if I knew the system worked like this.

Adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭Motor-Ed

Hi there,
    I applied last night and my 6 months is up 6 October and I will have my EDT completed early September. It did not let me choose a date it said it would pick one for me? I applied early because I wanted to choose a Saturday in late October. Is there a way I can choose the date myself if I ring them. I would not of applied so early if I knew the system worked like this.

Adam

Even if you ring (depending on who you get on phone) you generally won't get scheduled until after Oct 6.
    Does the test centre you're using test on Sat they all don't or have live scheduling.
    Your Instructor can help, they might be able to see area supervisor and sort something for you. You can also email them, they schedule about 5 weeks in advance so if you explain your needs in Sept then they should assist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

Hi I have another question on the online booking / 6 month rule if anyone knows.

If I book my test say 3 months in advance of when my 6 months are up/ I have the edt done, am I likely to get a test date shortly after the 6 months are up? Or will it be the normal waiting time from when the 6 months are up?

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement