Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Some advice on an expired 2nd provisional

Options
  • 07-08-2013 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,978 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

My partner hasn't been driving for almost 2 years, when she was last she had a 2nd provisional, that has since expired.

What is the route to getting a licence/permit and getting back on the road for her now?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭bop1977

Apply for the test. Then apply for the third licence by showing test confirmation date.

Get the licence and cancel the test if she's not up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ICanMakeSound

I'm in the same boat. Do I have to pay a fee if I book and cancel the test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I think the best bet would be for her to put in for the driving test and do the test because if she cancels the driving test she will be stuck on a 1 year license the following year and have to renew her license every year, but if she done the test she will be given a 2 year license next year because she has sat the test.

Citizens Information
    Your third learner permit

You may not apply for a third or subsequent learner permit unless you can provide:

Evidence that you have undergone a driving test in the 2-year period prior to the application (a 2-year learner permit will be granted)

or
    Evidence of a forthcoming test date (a 1-year learner permit will be granted)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

bop1977 wrote: »
    Apply for the test. Then apply for the third licence by showing test confirmation date.

Get the licence and cancel the test if she's not up to it.

I'd suggest not driving at all if she's not up to it.

Advertisement