Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toyota Avensis Trade In Trade Up

• 30-06-2015 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Hi,
    Could anyone explain to me how their "offer" works.
    It doesn't seem to be worth anything!
    I have searched for small print but cannot find it. Asked in garage but got some of the usual spiel that it was included in quote.

Would be thankful if someone could explain this or is it false advertising (I know it says up to!)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭ofcork

They are giving up to 3k off the new car price iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭corcadorcha

I am just wondering what people are actually getting.
    I was getting nothing trading in 3 year old Toyota for new....
    Thanks.

I assume they would give you what they think your car is worth,the 3k is more of a scrappage deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I am just wondering what people are actually getting.
    I was getting nothing trading in 3 year old Toyota for new....
    Thanks.

That's because that offer is not aimed at 3 year old cars, it's aimed at people with old cars that are close to being scrapped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,477 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

ofcork wrote: »
    They are giving up to 3k off the new car price iirc.

Is there room for the usual €1500-2000 you'd get off an avensis straight on top of this. I fear not.

• Advertisement

Small print says you have the ability to negotiate your own deal as well.

Sign of the times where they have to do this with a "new" model.
    You'd be eaten alive for one back in the day, both mk2 and mk3 sold like hot cakes.

I know it's only a halfassed second facelift, but it doesn't show confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Seen one in the flesh and it looks terrible, new body panels look out of place against the old centre section making the overall design look disproportionate. Looks to me like Toyota have given up on this segment in Europe at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Sign of the times where they have to do this with a "new" model.
    You'd be eaten alive for one back in the day, both mk2 and mk3 sold like hot cakes.

I know it's only a halfassed second facelift, but it doesn't show confidence.

The Trade In Trade Up allowance thing is not available on the Avensis. The facelifted Auris is available with it, though, and so is the Corolla. Before when you wanted a Corolla it was take what they had in stock (usually poverty spec Terra with the square root of f-all as standard) or leave it. Sure at one point you didn't even have a choice of trim level, it was bodystyle and engine (petrol or diesel) only that you could change. How times have changed.

Hasn't been pretty much one spec on Corolla since about 1987

Mid spec corollas were always too close to carina/avensis money to sell.

• Advertisement

It was available for Avensis up to end of last month. But still don't have an idea what it meant. Did anyone get to use it on Auris/ Corolla and if so how did it work for them?

Thanks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

They'd give you up to €3k as a trade in 'allowance' if your car was older than 2011. They probably offered it on the Avensis last month because they wanted to get rid of all the older model (a newer model's just been launched). It's aimed at people with older cars really and you can't use it in conjunction with any other offer (like their financing deal).

Thanks for that.

Advertisement