Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad funding at Queens.

Options
  • 07-01-2010 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭

Am extremely attracted to the Irish Studies MA at QUB, there's two possible extra funding options for Irish students; the DEL MA Studentships (no fees) and the School of History and Anthropology International Masters Bursaries.

Anyone know how tough these are to get/what criteria they look for? I'm currently on a 1;1 at NUIG.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

AFAIK the QUB administered bursaries are based on academic merit to date, i.e. your grades. As most if not all applicants are considered for the MA bursaries and there are only two available every incoming class...you can do the math from there :)

Not entirely sure about the DEL funding. Perhaps contact QUB directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Neatseo

Hi

I'm hoping to do a MSc in Risk Mgt in Queens later this year. Wondering if anyone can advise me of funding available. As far as I'm aware I cannot apply for the north south scholarship as I studied in DKIT.

I got a 1:1 for my hons degree and wondering if grades make a difference when applying to particular schemes.

Any advise would be great, thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I presume you've seen this already. http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/QueensUniversityManagementSchool/ProspectiveStudents/PostgraduateTaughtDegrees/MScRiskManagementandFinancialRegulation/SourcesofFunding/

The ROI grants system does extend to NI at postgrad level so that may, depending on your circumstances, be an option.

The School administered bursaries are usually based on academic merit.

Advertisement