Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi a question about a phone I bought, is it tied down to a network if...

Options
  • 23-08-2013 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

Ok I bought 3 weeks ago a HTC One phone in 3 shop in Henry street for cash and no contract.....I get the 3 logo when I reboot, is the phone locked to 3?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

The only real way of knowing is trying another network sim card.

Many CPW stores sell the HTC one network free, except on Vodafone and 3, which are locked.

I'd wager is locked. Buying it for cash means nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I'd say it is locked, The 3 Logo on boot up is an example of 3 adding their own software to the phone.

Do you also have any 3 Apps (Bloatware)

If you are buying a phone not on contract, spend the little extra on a sim free version, that way it hasn't been touched by a carrier.

As El said above, CPW and Meteor sell a lot of their phones sim free. 3 and vodafone love to lock them. O2 are somewhere in the middle

Advertisement