Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nexus 7 or kindle fire HD

• 21-08-2013 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

I want one of these for my daughter. Is the kindle better for reading books?

Please help me decide, I'm really torn.

It's the 'old' nexus 7 I'm thinking of.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tomtom101

Personally I would go nexus in a heartbeat - pretty sure there's even a Kindle app for it!! The OS on the kindle isn't the nicest thing to use - and the Nexus is a better oveall tablet - more apps - better os on the nexus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭CinSoots

I had the kindle and it broke. I got the Nexus to replace it and it made the kindle look like a pile of junk. It also now has Google Play Books in Ireland which is pretty much identical to the Kindle app but better as you can sync books you uploaded yourself to everything unlike the Kindle app which will only allow you to read them on the Kindle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭mrs aol

Thank you both for the replies.

I have an Asus transformer TF700 that I really like. I have the kindle app on it but would never choose to read on it over my actual kindle ( old keyboard version). I guess I'm hoping someone will tell me that it's a nicer book reading experience on the kindle fire compared to the nexus ( or my TF700).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I use my Nexus 7 for reading books using Google Play books a lot and find it to be excellent, dimming the brightness down when reading leads to a pretty good experience in my opinion, my g/f has the original kindle e reader and I much prefer reading on the Nexus 7 even though its not quite as natural.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭robo

I was going to get the Kindle Fire last year but read that a lot of the Amazon functionality doesn't work here in Ireland, so I changed my mind and got the Nexus 7 instead - well worth every penny!
    Very versatile and great performing tablet!

• Advertisement
Advertisement