Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xperia z bluetooth connectivity with renault fluence

Options
  • 20-08-2013 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,
    I recently upgraded my smartphone from a Xperia Arc s to a Xperia Z. With the older phone I had no issues connecting the bluetoothh to the Renault RadioSat bluetooth in my Renault fluence. The phone and the music player on the device connected without any problem.
    Since I upgraded to the Xperia Z I find that the phone will not connect with the RadioSat. The music player connects as with the older phone but the RadioSat will not pick up my contacts from the phone as before.
    I can receive calls without caller id and I can make calls by physically picking out the entire number from the display on the dash but the RadioSat will not pick up my phonebook/contacts.
    Has anyone had the same problem or got a fix for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Usually this can happen if you don't grant access to your contacts/phonebook on the initial pairing of the phone and the radio.

Might be worth trying to delete the pairing on both the phone and the radio and trying again. You will need to watch out for any notifications that pop up on the phone during the process.

This has happened to me before on a Samsung Galaxy S II

Which version of Android are you on? I had same issue when I was on 4.1.2 but not with 4.0.4
    Have since rooted SGS2 and upgraded to 4.2.2 and no problems with new version.

Which version of Android are you on? I had same issue when I was on 4.1.2 but not with 4.0.4
    Have since rooted SGS2 and upgraded to 4.2.2 and no problems with new version.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 planxtyite

Pizzahead,
    I did select to grant access initially but it didn't work.
    Derek,
    I've just updated to 4.2.2 but this hasn't resolved it.
    I don't want to go down the rooting road as I am not that technically proficient.

Pizzahead,
    Derek,
    I don't want to go down the rooting road as I am not that technically proficient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

planxtyite wrote: »
    Pizzahead,
    Derek,

Have you tried deleting the pairing and starting from scratch again?

Have you tried deleting the pairing and starting from scratch again?

I haven't.
    Will try that and see how I get on.
    Thanks lads.

Advertisement