Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All call credit gone from internet use!!

Options
  • 31-10-2010 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Got a Se Xperia X8 on friday and in the 2 days all my credit is gone (over 40e) from internet use. Is it not 99c a day to use the internet? i downloaded around 15 apps (all free) would meteor charge you to download these?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

once you go over your free allocation of internet then they will charge you per KB or MB over that. can you check your call history online and tell us how much you downloaded each day?

i've also moved your thread to the android forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 kevinm07

Yeah i know once you go over the 50mb a day, they charge you 2c per kb. The apps i downloaded in the 2days definately dont exceed 50mb although i did download some apps and games and deleted them soon after. I am continously connected to my wireless upc broadband..would this be wasting my credit?

your credit shouldn't be used if you're on wifi. are you sure you were connected via wifi? i would suggest you check your call history and see where the credit is going.

for future reference i suggest you install 3g watchdog from the app store to help you monitor data usage.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

kevinm07 wrote: »
    Yeah i know once you go over the 50mb a day, they charge you 2c per kb. The apps i downloaded in the 2days definately dont exceed 50mb although i did download some apps and games and deleted them soon after. I am continously connected to my wireless upc broadband..would this be wasting my credit?
    Are you sure you were definitely connected to your wireless?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Something similar was happening to me. I'm on billpay so it was easy enough to see where and when the data was being downloaded and from what I could see it was all updates and automated usage. I downloaded APNDroid and 3G watchdog and that sorted me out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 kevinm07

Yeah im on the internet at the moment via the wifi with no credit so its not that. No i have free texts and calls but its possibly from when i was on the internet after i turned off my wireless router last night. Think I'll get the free texts and internet package and I'll download that app now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Watch Meteor, my niece was charged 600€ or more for data unknowingly downloaded on her laptop, guess their phone policy is similar when it comes to data........Cnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

bogman wrote: »
    Watch Meteor, my niece was charged 600€ or more for data unknowingly downloaded on her laptop, guess their phone policy is similar when it comes to data........Cnuts

:eek: Shock Horror, Meteor charge for a service. If it was downloaded outside her price plan, then thats due to her ignorance, NOT the service provider.

i think it's a little unfair to jump on the "meteor are cnuts" bandwagon until the op checks their call history to see where the credit went.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I've lost a lot of credit in the past to Vodafone who charged me at 2c/Kb = €20/Mb. In-sane!

That was over a year ago, browsing on the my vodafone thing over gprs or whatever it was back then.

I called into a shop to complain and they insisted they only charged at 2c/Mb despite their website saying otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

I've lost a lot of credit in the past to Vodafone who charged me at 2c/Kb = €20/Mb. In-sane!

Ah sure it's only €21,000/GB. Not much really when everybody
    talks about billions these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I remember measuring the front page of www.boards.ie once and it alone was a half a mb of data use. Normal web use has gotten pretty heavy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

kevinm07 wrote: »
    Yeah im on the internet at the moment via the wifi with no credit so its not that.

Since you've no credit now, there is no option but for the phone to use Wifi, but this doesn't mean it didn't use the mobile 3G connection previously, and may have only switched to Wifi now that the 3G connection is no longer available.

You need to check your details, which should be available to you, to see what, how and when the credit was used, and was it all data usage.

hi op, have you checked your call history yet to see where the bulk of your credit went?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Random wrote: »
    hi op, have you checked your call history yet to see where the bulk of your credit went?

I got charged 85 euro for going over my monthly allowance - sick to the teeth about it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

I remember measuring the front page of www.boards.ie once and it alone was a half a mb of data use. Normal web use has gotten pretty heavy.

m.boards.ie - ~11808 bytes

boards.ie - ~281202 bytes

Simples :)

Advertisement