Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fifth year study

Options
  • 21-10-2014 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Is 3 hours of homework and 1-2 hours of study okay a night for fifth year all HL subjects ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DamienWalshe

I need at least 560 points in my leaving any tips I am doing English, Irish ,Maths , Geography , Accounting , Economics, French and Applied Maths all at higher level .

• Registered Users Posts: 46 IncognitoX

Is 3 hours of homework and 1-2 hours of study okay a night for fifth year all HL subjects ?

More then adequate, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

Far too much, that's work for the weekends. Concentrate on no more than 3hrs a night, otherwise you'll just be really tired for school

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DamienWalshe

Peg14 wrote: »
    Far too much, that's work for the weekends. Concentrate on no more than 3hrs a night, otherwise you'll just be really tired for school
    That's true but we get SO much homework each night.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭billy100

Tbh it all depends on quality, I can see why you would need to spend 3hours on homework, just about 25-30 mins per subject, . The 1-2 hours study is the key, if you feel you are retaining information yes, if not would you be better of relaxing , school day is long enough and then the homework on top of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Leopard_Star

I always take hours in doing my homework. I get easily distracted or find it hard to think of the answers and my mind wanders. Homework takes up ALL of my time and I don't even get a chance to study!
    Our principal said we should get at least 2 hours of homework and study a night except on a Sunday but I believe that's not even enough to get the homework done! but to be honest I spend my whole evening doing homework so once I reach Friday I throw my hands up in the air and rest. I barely get the homework done. Our Irish teacher expects an hour of homework a night but If we had to spend that amount of time on EVERY subject that's 7 hours which is impossible :/
    Anyway, Junior cert was so easy compared to this. I can't even keep up with all the work. I'm only in fifth year and i'm already stressing in every class. Teacher should really give more study related homework e.g learn this, this and this for a test and have tests every week
    Still, wow If you can manage 3 hours of homework and get 2 extra hours of study in, fair play to you! keep it up! at least someone is handling the situation better than I am >.<

Advertisement