Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a good acoustic open night?

Options
  • 09-08-2012 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

A friend of mine is looking to try out some new material acoustically on front of an audience, are there any good open mic nights out there that he could do? Just in a pub or venue or anything really. Once there's a mic and a PA that'll do it!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

A friend of mine is looking to try out some new material acoustically on front of an audience, are there any good open mic nights out there that he could do? Just in a pub or venue or anything really. Once there's a mic and a PA that'll do it!

Thanks in advance.
    The goblet pub in artane was doing one once aweek . Prob still are . Only about ten people there when i was there.
    I think its on a friday but ring them to make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Where is your friend based?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Prettyblack

Dublin. City centre would be good, but anywhere really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Champion Jim has a residency in Twisted Pepper every Friday for acoustic gigs and is very open to new people playing. Get in touch with him:

http://www.facebook.com/events/164942213639939/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

O'Donoghue's on Suffolk Street have an open mic every week. Think it's Wednesday's, but could be wrong. Give 'em a ring or pop in to double check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

The Globe has an night on for original artists to play, called the Song Room. You need to talk to its organiser Hamlet Sweeney but he's very receptive to new talent and its an ideal venue in front of a generally appreciative audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DanUprisePromo

How do mate,

I'm running an acoustic music night myself in Dublin. I'd be delighted to get you involved. Get in touch for a slot!

Thanks!

Advertisement