Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting text from Wordpress website

Options
  • 07-07-2014 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi, This may seem like a very silly question to you developers so apologies in advance!! I am building a website for someone using Joomla, they previously had a Wordpress website which was taken down because of malicious software which was uploaded to it.
    My client wants me to try and get as much text as I can from the old Wordpress site but because it no longer exits, I cannot look at it. Is there a way of finding all the text on the website from the wp files or database?
    Thanks. :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

lmahoney79 wrote: »
    Hi, This may seem like a very silly question to you developers so apologies in advance!! I am building a website for someone using Joomla, they previously had a Wordpress website which was taken down because of malicious software which was uploaded to it.
    My client wants me to try and get as much text as I can from the old Wordpress site but because it no longer exits, I cannot look at it. Is there a way of finding all the text on the website from the wp files or database?
    Thanks. :o

The WayBackMachine ?

http://archive.org/web/

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Are you saying you have the files and Database from the old Site?

If so just install it again and link to old database.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

Yeah I have the files but I did not want to upload it all again in case I also upload the malicious software along with it. Plus I have Joomla install now on new domain

gozunda wrote: »
    The WayBackMachine ?

http://archive.org/web/

This worked great, thank you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

This worked great, thank you so much!

Nah bother ... I always find that one handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Yeah I have the files but I did not want to upload it all again in case I also upload the malicious software along with it. Plus I have Joomla install now on new domain

Host it locally with XAMPP. You could even use a Wordpress to Joomla converter and save yourself a ton of time.

The malicious software is likely just a link to a dodgy site. Try scanning the files you have with an AV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

What are you doing to stop Joomla getting infected with crap ?

The same issues occur on both Joomla/Wordpress.

Mods: Please close thread. Issue solved.

Advertisement