Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is she really too thin?

• 22-06-2013 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Facebook has these ads popping up everywhere and this one came up on my feed. Normally, I don't bother clicking on them but a bit of one of the comments jumped out at me and I clicked on it to see the full comment. I was surprised to see almost everybody calling this woman too thin. Yes, it's obviously marketing to sell whatever product (don't know, didn't click on the link) and yes, 5 weeks is too short an amount of time to lose the weight but why all the hate?

Do people really think she is now too thin or are the people commenting just hating? I guess I want to know what you guys think of her transformation. I personally think she looked just fine before but looks great now although I am not too sure about her supposed methods.

PS: I would much prefer if this didn't turn into a fat bashing thread. Please.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

EH... not too skinny no. Too skinny is when someone's skin is just wrapped around bones.

You can actually see a body there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

Looks spot on to me! Wouldn't want to get any thinner though...

p.s. nice bewbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Do I think she is too thin? No.

I would consider her to be more attractive 'before' than 'after' though, but that's just my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Do I think she is too thin? No.

I would consider her to be more attractive 'before' than 'after' though, but that's just my opinion.

Bit of a BBW man are we?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

No she's not too thin

And those facebook people aren't actually human beings btw, they're something else, people hiding behind their profiles to shout idiotic comments at anything. If you get into an argument or get upset over what people say facebook, well..you shouldn't.

• Advertisement

Bit of a BBW man are we?
    One of us needs glasses. I wonder which it is?;)

To clarify, I don't think she is too thin, but she is thinner than what I would consider to be attractive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭conor2469

Nah she's not too thin, the comments are probably just jealous fatties letting some steam out their blowholes!

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭Dr_Brian_Cocks

I call shenanigans. She lost an average of over 5 pounds per week and no loose skin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I call shenanigans. She lost an average of over 5 pounds per week and no loose skin.

it's probably pegged behind her back.

But in a seriousness,she looks quite healthy and athletic.It's probably the real women with curves fattys who are making the comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

cant see any ribs so no its completely skewed when you see them both like that, it turns into an optical illusion and greatly exagerates the differences....but then again its an ad THATS THE IDEA!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Yeah, I don't believe that either. It's possible especially with extreme forms of intermittent fasting and strength training to lose the weight and not have loose skin. But she doesn't seem to have any muscle tone to her body either so I don't think that's what she did. Unless, she out and out water fasted...whatever, there's no way she used whatever they are selling to get these results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    Do people really think she is now too thin or are the people hating just consoling themselves? .

That's about the size of it(eh what?)

She looks fit thin as opposed to skinny, she looks great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

One of us needs glasses. I wonder which it is?;)

To clarify, I don't think she is too thin, but she is thinner than what I would consider to be attractive.

Don't get your post. You said you prefer her before than after which meant you preferred her being heavy. So you prefer BBW so

From the waist up I think she looks healthy - very slender but healthy. From the waist down I do think she looks unhealthily thin. That's my genuine opinion.

yeah shes lost those nice beefy thighs :(

IM0 wrote: »
    yeah shes lost those nice beefy thighs :(

You don't make that sound attractive at all :pac::pac:.

Don't get your post. You said you prefer her before than after which meant you preferred her being heavy. So you prefer BBW so

you need to look up what a bbw is, somewhere along the lines a biggER girl has been given the term BBW which is not the case, BBW refers to the fetished sized massive women who need a wheelbarrow to be moved around in usually

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    You don't make that sound attractive at all :pac::pac:.

:p I like em like that ;)

I have no actual preference either way, I just think she looks more attractive in the before pic than in the after. The fact that she's smiling in the first and not in the second could have as much to do with that as anything though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

There's some amount of fcuking idiots on that FB page

Yeah, some of those comments were just hateful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Not too thin. Negative comments from fat curvy or big boned chicks, no doubt, ones too lazy to do anything about their own weight so compensate by slagging others.

I love the one that says she 'went from healthy to anarchistic':pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

There's some amount of fcuking idiots on every FB page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Too skinny is when you can see their ribs and nothing but muscle on their frame. In the early 1900s that women would be normal size. Everyone is so obese these days no one knows what normal is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

Just right id say, much better than the before pic. I wouldnt mind her being a bit thinner even but i also wouldnt mind her being a bit heavier. Where shes at is just fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Nah, despite the mindreaders here, people can have a negative opinion without being jealous or fat or trying to console themselves.
    I think the girl's lower body would look healthier a bit bigger. That's still slim though.

Duckjob wrote: »
    There's some amount of fcuking idiots on every FB web page with comments

fixed for you.

Nah, despite the mindreaders here, people can have a negative opinion without being jealous or fat or trying to console themselves.
    I think the girl's lower body would look healthier a bit bigger. That's still slim though.

Agreed about some people generally preferring her before photo but a good many comments on there were just mean. The one that says 'congrats you now have the body of a ten year old' is one such example.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

I think she looks great after the weight loss, not too thin at all and in proportion. Its haters like that makes me glad that I never got into that fb crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

She looks grand before and after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Is she f*** - she looks great, wouldnt even say skinny (no bones on display) slim and yet still managed to keep her b00bs (b!tch).

Anyone saying she looks healthy in before picture is demented, she is clearly overweight, look at her belly Ffs.

For the record im not saying she looks horrible, unattractive or whatever in the first picture, beauty is subjective but she does not look healthier when she is clearly overweight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Personally i prefer the before pic, with all this publicity i expect a reality show....well done AH!

She's quite pretty already in the 1st pic because she has a lovely smile.

Her figure is definitely better in the 2nd than the 1st, and since we can't see her face in the 2nd thats all we can judge by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Commentators should be required to post their own basic stats - height and weight, before they're allowed comment on an individuals body pic. Maybe a chin count as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

Hubby says you would loss her in a wrinkle in the blanket in bed at night, thinks she better before. I think she pretty girl and I do think she is too thin inbetween the two would be perfect, that's only my opinion though, different strokes for different folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

Most weight loss 'before and after' photos I am used to seeing use an unattractive 'before' picture and a very flattering 'after' picture.

This woman seems to have done the opposite. The 'before' picture is quite nice as she looks pleasant and smiley and it doesn't accentuate that she is overweight whereas the 'after' picture just seems to be designed to show off her body and you can't really see her face.

I don't think she's too thin now. It must be so demoralising for her to read those comments. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

She's not anorexic thin in the 2nd picture, but too skinny for me to find her as attractive . In the first picture she could lose a few - i emphasise few - pounds, but not so many. This is well known in biology - men are attracted to curves, and she lost the curves in picture 2. And the smile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭SeanW

Skinny ... skinny ... "boy with breast implants" was my favourite ... :rolleyes:

Sounds like a lot of jealous fat wagons enjoying taking a good looking lady down a peg or two. YOU GO GIRL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭SicklySweet

I wonder if any of those people who commented have actually seen an anorexic girl :rolleyes: She looks healthy, and looks great in both the before and after, regardless of 5 weeks or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭leewarden

Before/After More Attractive?
    Not what jumps out at me.
    Unrealistic weight loss.
    Unhealthy weight loss.
    Dangerous weight loss.

Overweight girls like my sis and my cousin gonna feel that is ok.
    DANGEROUS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 bettybarlow

leewarden wrote: »
    Before/After More Attractive?
    Not what jumps out at me.
    Unrealistic weight loss.
    Unhealthy weight loss.
    Dangerous weight loss.

Overweight girls like my sis and my cousin gonna feel that is ok.
    DANGEROUS.

Could not agree more.

In terms of facts, how could anyone think that's too thin? It's really just not true.

And in terms of personal opinions, I don't find the first picture remotely attractive with that belly.. But it's subjective so whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

One comment says she went from being healthy to anarchistic. FFS. If anything she is bordering on unhealthy in the first picture and now looks fit healthy. Glorifying fat is as bad as condemning anorexia.

In terms of facts, how could anyone think that's too thin? It's really just not true.

And in terms of personal opinions, I don't find the first picture remotely attractive with that belly.. But it's subjective so whatever.
    In my opinion, from her hips down to her feet looks borderline emaciated. Above the hips though, she looks great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭carrig2

Too thin or too fat for what

Too thin/fat to be attractive
    Too thin/fat to be healthy
    Too thin/fat to be acceptable to shallow people

Which is your question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

poll?

Looks like she's at an acceptable thin weight, though possibly wouldn't take much to under.

I saw this post earlier today, at work..couldn't find it again after. 5 weeks lawlz

In my opinion, from her hips down to her feet looks borderline emaciated. Above the hips though, she looks great.

Hips to feet borderline emaciated? Jesus, you'd have a heart attack if you saw my 40kg girlfriend.

Hips to feet borderline emaciated? Jesus, you'd have a heart attack if you saw my 40kg girlfriend.
    Well 6 stone 3lbs is extremely tiny in fairness!

• Advertisement
Advertisement