Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film investment opportunity

Options
  • 02-02-2012 10:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35

Dear reader,

My name is Paddy Slattery, I'm an award winning filmmaker based in Co. Offaly, Ireland. (www.paddyslattery.com) I am about to begin work on an exciting short paranormal drama titled ‘Runner’ about a young man who tries and fails to outrun a guilty conscience.

We have applied for funding with the Irish Film Board but unfortunately we were turned away. So, I've decided to set up an online fundraising campaign and begin the process of looking for investors who are enthusiastic about supporting the arts and development of independent artists. People like you.

From as little as €10, you can become an integral part of making this film, plus, each and every contribution will be rewarded accordingly. Please have a look at this link and check out the great rewards available: http://www.fundit.ie/project/runner--short-film

As you'll see, our target budget is €5,000 which is relatively small but we guarantee that this film will be produced to the highest standard and will compete with the heavyweights in film festivals later this year.

If you cannot support us financially, you may know someone who may be interested, so I ask that you please share this request with your email or social-networking friends.

For those interested but have questions regarding the fundit page, please email me (films@paddyslattery.com) and we can discuss your involvement privately.

OH, One more thing… If we don’t reach the target before the deadline is up, we don’t receive any of the funding and no credit cards will be charged. One of the terms & conditions of the process I’m afraid.

Am I confident that we can reach €5,000? Absolutely!! *fingers crossed*

Fundraiser page link - http://www.fundit.ie/project/runner--short-film

My previous short film titled 'The Moment' won critical acclaim around the world, picking up awards along the way. The details of which can be seen here; http://www.paddyslattery.com/site/film.php?film_id=4

Here is a link to a recent radio interview I did to bring awareness to our fundraising campaign; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx8ytXt_FWg

Many thanks for your time and if you need any more details, please don't hesitate to ask.

Paddy Slattery

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Enjoyed looking through your website and well done on your several successes to date Paddy. I would be delighted to contribute and encourage others to do likewise to assist you raise the required production funding.

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 Paddy Slattery

Hello there and thank you so much for your kind words. I would be extremely grateful for your contribution and would be happy to discuss the finer details of your involvement through email if you wish?

My email is films@paddyslattery.com or if you can provide your email address, I can send you on the information.

Many thanks and speak soon,

Paddy Slattery

Enjoyed looking through your website and well done on your several successes to date Paddy. I would be delighted to contribute and encourage others to do likewise to assist you raise the required production funding.

:)

Paddy

Just got around to completing the FundIt bit, seems you're well on your way to reaching your target.

Best of Luck. :)

I'm afraid I don't even know your name to thank you properly but for now, thank you so much, I really appreciate your contribution. We'll be in contact with you once the deadline has expired to discuss your rewards.

Speak soon,

Paddy Slattery

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭delux

I've added a bit more. Can't wait to see the DVD :)

When it gets nearer to the deadline if you haven't reached the target, post here again and I'll see if i can add more.

• Advertisement

I am truly humbled by this extraordinary display of generosity! On a day when sorrow had descended on our family with the sad loss of our grandfather, I'm absolutely speechless and humbled. I'm being unprofessional about sharing that personal detail but just so you know, your gesture has completely lifted my spirits and I'm not ashamed to admit that.

Thank you so much. When this weekend is over I'll be back in touch to thank you properly. Both of you, in fact.

Hi Paddy

I haven't heard from you but today I did receive an email confirming that the production budget target had been reached. Congratulations an dgood luck with the production.

You might post an update to let all of your fans (and supporters;)) what happens from here on? :)

Hello there,

Sorry about the lack of communication. We've been so busy in pre-production my email duties have been a bit neglected.

We are over the moon with the final outcome of our fundraiser! If not for you guys, we could not have done it, so thank you from the bottom of my heart. :)

Fund it company are now making contact with us with instructions on how to go through the final process of rewarding our investors so we will be in touch with everyone very soon.

Thank you so so much. Looking forward to sharing this film journey with you all.

Paddy Slattery

Advertisement