Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EBS marketing, Manchester.

Options
  • 12-02-2014 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

in advance, sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

have been appoched by a company called EBS marketing. Am a new small business and they have offered a great package on building a website and guaranteeing name listing on page one of google for 1 month without contract.

the sales man was very nice but in an awful hurry to get credit card details. wants details by close of business. have looked at their web site everything looks ligit, just a bit concerned with the big hurry on wanting to process card details.

anyone know anything about them, anyone do any business with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

mel1 wrote: »
    guaranteeing name listing on page one of google for 1 month without contract.

No one can make such a guarantee, I'd avoid them for that reason alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

ChRoMe wrote: »
    No one can make such a guarantee, I'd avoid them for that reason alone.

might I ask why? is that not what the shaded box at top of google page is for? Paid advertising.
    please excuse my ignorance as I know absolutely nothing about this stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Avoid. They sound like a copy of Business Pro Designs.

Red flags:
    Aggressive and up front requests for CC details.
    Claim SEO skills but appear lacking.
    Run out of serviced offices and actually owned by an Indian company PnP Media.
    Guaranteed Google listings.

Run a mile.

I've experience of extracting a company from the clutches of these types, it's no fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

mel1 wrote: »
    might I ask why? is that not what the shaded box at top of google page is for? Paid advertising.
    please excuse my ignorance as I know absolutely nothing about this stuff.

Thats not how it works, google has a secret algorithm that decides the order of search results.

Lots of reports of them <snip> if you (ironically enough!) google them.

Example": http://www.landlordreferencing.co.uk/forum/discuss/community-forum/the-great-facebook-rip-off/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Regardless of what the product or service being offered, I would have thought that being cold called by a salesperson who aggressively tries to close the sale in one conversation should set off alarm bells for anyone.

I've found that the more aggressive and rushed the pitch, the shìttier the deal, is a good rule of thumb in life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭fcrossen

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭akagaby

Run a mile any time you are given guarantees that a brand new website will rank in Google :)

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I've had to removed some dubious posts and snipped others that could possibly be deemed as defamatory. Please be more careful in your posts. Thank you.

Advertisement