Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In trouble with the guards

• 14-11-2011 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all,

I had bouts of diarhea on Saturday. I thought everything ok so went out on the lash with some friends and had a few beers. Bout 2 hours into the nite at 11 the cramps came back. I tried to get to the bog in the pub but it was busy so ran outside the pub down a side street and exploded.

Unfortunately, a garda foot patrol was walking past. They took my name and address and said I will be goin to court because of public order and drunk. What shud I do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Hi Flutterin - didn't take you long to come back.

You should have asked one of them for their hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

johnoshea1 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I had bouts of diarhea on Saturday. I thought everything ok so went out on the lash with some friends and had a few beers. Bout 2 hours into the nite at 11 the cramps came back. I tried to get to the bog in the pub but it was busy so ran outside the pub down a side street and exploded.

Unfortunately, a garda foot patrol was walking past. They took my name and address and said I will be goin to court because of public order and drunk. What shud I do?

Make a big stink.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Will you be ok to play in the match tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Thats rotten:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

wash your hands ya filthy devil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Stop talking scutter!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pbowenroe

get Trap to put in a word for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

This should be good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

No law about public defecation AFAIK... they have you on the drunk/public order thing though... merely a catchall for the stuff they can't do you for... go to court and plead your case, pay your fine. Tough sh*t.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Don't worry about it.

If you do get a summons In the next six months, get a brief and go to court and explain.

Do not turn up at the court without a brief!

If all you did is what you described, and you haven't been if trouble before, you will have to put a few hundred in the poor box but are very unlikely to get a conviction.

Hate to be you describing your bowel movement to a narky judge, but. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

When you gotta go;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

We're here for you champ. Diarrhea is a terrible affliction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Court fine will completely clean you out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,123 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

In before the re-reg permaban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Unfortunately, a garda foot patrol was walking past.
    I believed your post until I read that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Say that you were pregnant, the judge will love that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

You can get done for p*ssing on the street but you cant get done for sh*ting. It has something to do the medical side of things, dangerous to hold a poo in / not dangerous to hold wee in. Oh and the guards are obliged to hand over their hat for such an occasion, not a word of a lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Re-enact the whole thing in court!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Not as funny as the 'Wife feeds hubbys dinner to the dog and makes him sleep on the couch' thread last night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Crap thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

You can get done for p*ssing on the street but you cant get done for sh*ting....Oh and the guards are obliged to hand over their hat for such an occasion, not a word of a lie.

No way, you have to be ripping the piss shít?

Can you point me in the direction of links and evidence for this please? Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Sh*t thread, OP :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

If you get jailed, "Big Geoff" will poke the poo right back were it came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Hi all,

I do feel sorry for you but all honesty you defecated in public, you didn't honestly expect them to turn a blind eye did you? Especially if you were drunk at the time.

Was there nowhere nearby you could have gone?

Next time have some sense and don't go on the lash when you,re in that kind of state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

You can get done for p*ssing on the street but you cant get done for sh*ting. It has something to do the medical side of things, dangerous to hold a poo in / not dangerous to hold wee in. Oh and the guards are obliged to hand over their hat for such an occasion, not a word of a lie.

There's no way on earth that's true. Please find me the legislation that states that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Shít happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

At least you managed to make it outside before the explosion. If it happened inside the pub you could be facing civil suits for emotional and post-traumatic stress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭source

All urban legend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

ejmaztec wrote: »
    In before the re-reg permaban.

Yup.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement