Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My best friend and Me

Options
  • 09-02-2016 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a 27 yo woman Over the last few months I've been dating and nothing has come out of it. My best friend is in the same position, he hasn't had many dates and we share our woes etc.

We have been best friends for years and have developed a friendship so close I don't think I've ever cared for someone as much as I do him and I know the feeling is the same on his side.

Over the last few months we have become a lot closer to the point that a lot of our friends are questioning if there is more than a friendship and being honest I think we are both thinking the same. He is slowly opening up with hints of telling me I'm attractive and he wished he was in a relationship where he had a girlfriend like me because we are so close.
    It came to a head over the last two weekends when we flirted a good bit, we stuck with each other the whole night the eye contact was unreal and people are commenting constantly! Nothing has happened thus far. I have had feelings for him for a good while but I was in a relationship at the time. My now ex felt that my friend had feelings for me

So with all this and my feelings developing do I take the plunge and ask should we take it one step further?
    I know what you're all thinking and this is probably quite trivial but I guess its because we have been friends for so long I don't know if I could ruin my friendship with one of the most amazing humans in my life.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I think you both need a bit of Dutch courage tbh! Nothing like a couple of drinks to oil the wheels as it were. :D Maybe suggest meeting up after work on Friday or something and taking it from there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭Confucius say

Have you always felt this way about him? Seems odd nothing has happened yet as it doesn't sound like a mere friendship to me, you're not supposed to fancy your friends. At least I never have, of either sex, but what do I know. Anyway as the previous says, go out together and it'll happen naturally I would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Tell him to grow some balls and ask you on a date. If you are best friends it shouldnt be a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

Somewhat same situation I was in. Took the plunge one evening just leaned in and kissed her.

We are getting married on Friday!

It's true what they say nothing ventured nothing gained! You should take the lead on this one op

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

I agree with the above, its time to leave the friendzone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

You could suggest going for a drink just the two of you. If your radar is in working order a few drinks should do the trick!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Arrange to meet up, when he says yes say "great, it's a date!" It's a great way to start to set out your stall, so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Aw this has me all giddy. OBVIOUSLY this is going to happen OP :)

Just throw the guy some ammunition. Next time you're out together and alone, ratchet up the body language and give him every opportunity to kiss you. Flirt flirt flirt. Spell it out to him.

And obviously I'm not going to ask you to report back coz that would break the forum charters. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Go for it, I'm marrying my best friend in September! We have two lovely girls together as well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Also married to my best friend, hell of a gamble but if it pays off it is more than worth it.
    Married 16 yrs now...

Go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

It's a Leap Year on February 29th

Tradition dictates that you can ask him out or propose ☺

Advertisement