Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Judgement on single life

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Wulfie wrote: »
    I read this thread a few days ago. Prompted me to contemplate my number (score). Off the top of my head I would have guessed 12, but 8 is probably more true.
    I have never rushed into anything,except when cold and lonely on a miserable winter night,when another year alone has seemed unbearable.
    Be proud of your score OP ,let your friends know. True friends will congratulate a high score.
    I sincerely hope to raise mine by at least 1 before autumn this year.

I don't agree that true friends should congratulate you for the number of conquests, that seems extremely childish.

OP, I've to agree with other posters, keep your stories about your single life to a minimum with this friend, if they continue to be judgmental then stand up for yourself and be firm and let them know their opinion isn't welcome.

She sounds out of order but probably not worth losing a friendship over at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Wulfie wrote: »
    I read this thread a few days ago. Prompted me to contemplate my number (score). Off the top of my head I would have guessed 12, but 8 is probably more true.

I think your number gets seriously less important as you get older. I turned 30 this year an honestly cant remember the last time I'd even thought about it before now.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Wulfie

Most people replying to this thread have passed judgement on the OP's close/or not so close friend. The friend afik is the only one, who actually has heard this"number".
    She may have been concerned/shown concern,which may have been taken up as judgement.
    Maybe boards.ie posters know more.
    If youv'e got a friend, keep that friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I don't think OP feels uncomfortable with number, she feels uncomfortable with friend's reaction to her dating. And for that I think the best thing is just to avoid those conversations with the friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

It actually sounds as if your friend fancies you, the way she wants you to stop seeing guys for 3 weeks and things like that. Very strange behaviour from a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

I've spoken to this person about the subject if this thread (not that the thread is a thing) and they blocked me on WhatsApp and removed me on Facebook, Twitter etc. So there's that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

I've spoken to this person about the subject if this thread (not that the thread is a thing) and they blocked me on WhatsApp and removed me on Facebook, Twitter etc. So there's that.

It's probably for the best. I'm not sure I'd want someone who judges me like that in my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

This thread gave me a good giggle (not for the actual issue, but your friend's reaction).

OP live your life how you see fit. And choose who you share information with.

I am single and I meet guys. And Ive loads of funny stories. Most of my attached mates love to hear them and find them as funny as I do. Others I do not share this information. But if anyone judged me for the life I choose to lead, Id stand up for myself and remind them its my life.

Most recently a friend of mine (married last year) made a comment (still meeting fellas/slutting around? I think she meant it jokey). And I retorted that was not a nice thing to say, and was delighted for her she felt she could make a comment like that now shes married. Wasn't she lucky she met someone she wanted to marry. But I have not (and maybe wont-its not my priority to wear a white dress). So Im going to have my fun.

So, yes, judgement of single people is alive and kicking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

dellas1979 wrote: »
    This thread gave me a good giggle (not for the actual issue, but your friend's reaction).

OP live your life how you see fit. And choose who you share information with.

I am single and I meet guys. And Ive loads of funny stories. Most of my attached mates love to hear them and find them as funny as I do. Others I do not share this information. But if anyone judged me for the life I choose to lead, Id stand up for myself and remind them its my life.

Most recently a friend of mine (married last year) made a comment (still meeting fellas/slutting around? I think she meant it jokey). And I retorted that was not a nice thing to say, and was delighted for her she felt she could make a comment like that now shes married. Wasn't she lucky she met someone she wanted to marry. But I have not (and maybe wont-its not my priority to wear a white dress). So Im going to have my fun.

So, yes, judgement of single people is alive and kicking.

You treated her with much more respect than she deserved for that cheeky greeting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

You treated her with much more respect than she deserved for that cheeky greeting.

I did. Because that is who I am. I treat people respectfully. Am not going to fight ignorant comments with more ignorant comments. But Im still going to get my point across.

Advertisement