Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traveling to open day, some info?

Options
  • 06-10-2014 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi all

Just a few questions.
    I'm planning to travel to the UL open day, for the day of the 16th. I was planning to stay the night before, and have a booking made with a hotel but i can cancel it, so just wondering if there's anywhere cheap with breakfast included I could stay that's close to the university? The hotel i have booked at the moment is the kilmurry lodge hotel, and it's 79 euro with breakfast included. Would the travel lodge be cheaper? I am looking for a hotel specifically because I have a guide dog and some bnbs can be very fussy about this.
    How close is kilmurry lodge to the train station, and how close is the university to this hotel? If i were to book the travel lodge, would this be easy to get to from the train station, and university?
    Sorry for so many questions, and hope someone can help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I don't know much about the hotels themselves but Kilmurry Lodge has a bus that goes from City Centre to right outside the gates. The walk from the Lodge to the university is about ten to fifteen minutes so it's really just around the corner. Travel Lodge isn't as close but it's still within easy enough walking distance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Beargrylls01

You can stay in a load of places for 50 euro or less, for example the Travel Lodge is about a 20 minute nice walk away if the weather is good, but there are also buses, the Lodge, and all that craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭rockwell

afterglow wrote: »
    Hi all

Just a few questions.
    I'm planning to travel to the UL open day, for the day of the 16th. I was planning to stay the night before, and have a booking made with a hotel but i can cancel it, so just wondering if there's anywhere cheap with breakfast included I could stay that's close to the university? The hotel i have booked at the moment is the kilmurry lodge hotel, and it's 79 euro with breakfast included. Would the travel lodge be cheaper? I am looking for a hotel specifically because I have a guide dog and some bnbs can be very fussy about this.
    How close is kilmurry lodge to the train station, and how close is the university to this hotel? If i were to book the travel lodge, would this be easy to get to from the train station, and university?
    Sorry for so many questions, and hope someone can help

Hi Afterglow
    Travelodge would be cheaper looking at their web site you get a room for €42. It is 3.3km from the train station (so about 10min in a taxi) and 1.6km from UL 20min walk or a few mins in a taxi.
    Kilmurry Lodge 5.5k from train station and about 20 min to UL.
    You might get better rates for both by looking at a price comparison site like trivago.ie
    There are plenty of places to have breakfast on campus that morning if a room only rate is cheaper that B&B.
    Enjoy the Open Day anyway.

Advertisement