Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aldi hamer drill great value

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

evosteo wrote: »

I've an older version of this and I do find it very good. Be aware it is very heavy physically so it might not be the most practical in some scenarios

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Great for an sds, is that a battery I see too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

Great for an sds, is that a battery I see too?

No its 230v mains. It a great quality drill for the price. Kangoo and hammer action. I picked up 2 yesterday and iv recommend it to others. Wasnt many left where i got it yesterday. Id easily compare it to hilti or makita drills iv used before on site of the same build but at a fraction of the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,572 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Got one of these a while back and it just stopped working after a couple of weeks of light use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

evosteo wrote: »

I'm not seeing any hammer drill in that link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

foggy_lad wrote: »
    I'm not seeing any hammer drill in that link?

It was one of the specials on 28th Sept, they have updated the site since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I've had one of these for years under a different brand name, I checked one out in Aldi and everything including the case is identical. I hardly use it because I have much better tools. This one is a heavy brute that after a while develops a very sloppy fit for SDS drills and chisels making it difficult work accurately. Still for the money worth having in the "armory".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Why post in BA if the offer is over

21/25

uch wrote: »

They still had some in one store I was in yesterday.

Offer while stocks last!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

uch wrote: »

The link also worked when op posted it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

What price is it now please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,224 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

€50 for the drill.

Anyone used the €45 circular saw they're also selling? I was tempted by both, but I've only bought one Aldi tool before (hedge trimmer), and I'm not 100% happy with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Is this from their workzone range cos last year I bought an 18v screwdriver drill, this kinda yoke

31kb67bbdVL.jpg

and its rough as hell and battery doesn't hold charge for long, very disappointed with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Woodies do one for 50 Euro aswell and that's about as much info as I know about that, and it drills holes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Is this from their workzone range cos last year I bought an 18v screwdriver drill, this kinda yoke

31kb67bbdVL.jpg

and its rough as hell and battery doesn't hold charge for long, very disappointed with it.
    That yoke must be from Smyths Toystore. If you're a Lidl/Aldi fan, then stick to Aldi Parkside branded power-tools. Decent for what they cost, bearing in mind of course, particularly with power-tools, you really do get what you pay for in terms of quality.

@ danjo-xx what about the 3 year guarantee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

my3cents wrote: »
    @ danjo-xx what about the 3 year guarantee?

The drill worked and still does so stuck it out, think you have only 60days just to change your mind.

@dozy that pic was just to show type of drill I meant, mine was an aldi workzone one... wouldn't trust the brand again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

The drill worked and still does so stuck it out, think you have only 60days just to change your mind.

@dozy that pic was just to show type of drill I meant, mine was an aldi workzone one... wouldn't trust the brand again

Ive 2 aldi workzone drills

ones a corded hammer action that cost €20 - must have it at least 6 years now and its got loads of use

have the last gen SDS and its brilliant - just finished installing some sockets and chasing the wall- flawless

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Have two sanders from them at least 5 years now and there still going strong. Never had a problem with any power tools I've bought from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Got one of these a while back and it just stopped working after a couple of weeks of light use.

I also had one of these fail on me. An angle grinder too. Replaced both with Parkside equivalents and had no problems.

Interestingly, the Parkside drill is supposed to be lower power yet feels more powerful than the Workzone one. It's also much lighter and easier to use.

• Advertisement
Advertisement