Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Reserved the drawers a few days ago, got an email with a reservation number. Only available to collect from the 20th though. What are the chances of getting it for stated price? It's still that price on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Corholio wrote: »
    Reserved the drawers a few days ago, got an email with a reservation number. Only available to collect from the 20th though. What are the chances of getting it for stated price? It's still that price on the website.
    Same here. I've printed out the email and plan to bring that with me when picking up the item. Was in similar situation with Asus Memo Pad on Black Friday. When stock came in following week, they honoured the BF price for me - I'd brought a screen grab showing price.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

Was in Childers Road this evening collecting mine. Asked had they any behind in the back and she had said none left but that they were due a shipment of them the end of this month and that would be the last shipment of them to that store as all others were cancelled. it would be on sale at the 22.98 to get rid of them. They won't be in the next catalogue. She said to keep an eye on the bedside table too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Allyall wrote: »
    Returned this a few weeks ago. Very very plastic feel. Would not recommend, even for EUR1!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Rashers72 wrote: »
    Returned this a few weeks ago. Very very plastic feel. Would not recommend, even for EUR1!

It's for camping. Better than the ground!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭uli84

devastated I missed those drawers, got a house to furnish and the budget is tight :( will be checking at the end of the month...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Sennheiser HD355s over-ear headphones are currently reduced to half price, €55.

Not many left around the country, but I managed to reserve a set in Mahon Point. Really don't need them (impulse purchase), so if someone wants the code, drop me a PM.
    Need to be collected by close of business tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Argos web site currently just displaying their logo at the moment - no content.

When do they flip over to the new catalog content? That can be an opportunity for mis-prices and for UK only items appearing here that would not normally be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Seems like a ridiculous time to do the cut-over? lunch time on a Friday?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Working for me, now, I thought other times with new catalogues they changed the website over night.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Seems like a ridiculous time to do the cut-over? lunch time on a Friday?

The switch over to the new catalogue is midnight tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

uli84 wrote: »
    devastated I missed those drawers, got a house to furnish and the budget is tight :( will be checking at the end of the month...

Just got reservation code for Stephens Green, valid till end of tomorrow, I got one yesterday so if anyone wants this pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Claire222

meathman0 wrote: »
    Just got reservation code for Stephens Green, valid till end of tomorrow, I got one yesterday so if anyone wants this pm me.

I'd like it please

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Claire222 wrote: »
    I'd like it please

Sent it onto you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Soarer wrote: »
    Sennheiser HD355s over-ear headphones are currently reduced to half price, €55.

Not many left around the country, but I managed to reserve a set in Mahon Point. Really don't need them (impulse purchase), so if someone wants the code, drop me a PM.
    Need to be collected by close of business tomorrow.

Gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

There's one in Tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Claire222 wrote: »
    I'd like it please

If for any reason you don't get to use it , would you mind passing it on? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

There's one in Tallaght

do you have it reserved?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭uli84

meathman0 wrote: »

Ah missed that again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 FiftyTwo

Can be ordered in the Ilac centre...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

FiftyTwo wrote: »

Same story- if you go to put in an order- it'll then show up as out of stock- and if you do put an order in- it will be blank, with no product, price or reservation number on it.......... I wonder why this hiccup has resurfaced for the Ilac centre?

FiftyTwo wrote: »

Just got reservation code for it, thanks! Can I ask what the quality is like? I have an ikea one that was €70 and to be honest it wasn't worth it.

Same story- if you go to put in an order- it'll then show up as out of stock- and if you do put an order in- it will be blank, with no product, price or reservation number on it.......... I wonder why this hiccup has resurfaced for the Ilac centre?

I got my code for ilac,

Just got a mad Java stack error from Argos........
    I think they're definitely having problems this evening.......

Stack Trace:
    com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.JSPErrorReport: JSPG0036E: Failed to find resource /GenericError.jsp at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.AbstractJSPExtensionProcessor.findWrapper(AbstractJSPExtensionProcessor.java:395) at com.ibm.ws.jsp.webcontainerext.AbstractJSPExtensionProcessor.handleRequest(AbstractJSPExtensionProcessor.java:349) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:353) at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java:1085) at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(RequestProcessor.java:398) at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:241) at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196) at com.ibm.commerce.struts.ECActionServlet.processRequest(ECActionServlet.java:215) at com.ibm.commerce.struts.ECActionServlet.doGet(ECActionServlet.java:157) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:718) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:831) at com.ibm.ws.cache.servlet.ServletWrapper.serviceProxied(ServletWrapper.java:307) at com.ibm.ws.cache.servlet.CacheHook.handleFragment(CacheHook.java:576) at com.ibm.ws.cache.servlet.CacheHook.handleServlet(CacheHook.java:250) at com.ibm.ws.cache.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:259) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1657) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1597) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:131) at com.ibm.commerce.campaigns.filter.CampaignsFilter.doFilter(CampaignsFilter.java:148) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:188) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:116) at com.ibm.commerce.likeminds.filter.LikeMindsFilter.doFilter(LikeMindsFilter.java:183) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:188) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:116) at com.ibm.commerce.dynacache.filter.CacheFilter$2.run(CacheFilter.java:376) at com.ibm.commerce.dynacache.filter.CacheFilter.doFilter(CacheFilter.java:507) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:188) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:116) at com.ibm.commerce.webcontroller.RuntimeServletFilter.doFilterAction(RuntimeServletFilter.java:367) at com.ibm.commerce.webcontroller.RuntimeServletFilter.access$0(RuntimeServletFilter.java:247) at com.ibm.commerce.webcontroller.RuntimeServletFilter$1.run(RuntimeServletFilter.java:210) at com.ibm.commerce.webcontroller.RuntimeServletFilter.doFilter(RuntimeServletFilter.java:147) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:188) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:116) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain._doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:77) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:908) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:934) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:502) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapperImpl.handleRequest(ServletWrapperImpl.java:179) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.CacheServletWrapper.handleRequest(CacheServletWrapper.java:91) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:864) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WSWebContainer.handleRequest(WSWebContainer.java:1583) at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:186) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:445) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:504) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.processRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:301) at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.ready(HttpInboundLink.java:275) at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.sendToDiscriminators(NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.java:214) at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.complete(NewConnectionInitialReadCallback.java:113) at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:165) at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217) at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161) at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:138) at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:204) at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:775) at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:905) at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1604) Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: JSPG0036E: Failed to find resource /GenericError.jsp ... 57 more

yellow hen wrote: »
    I got my code for ilac,

Try again- and see if it works. If it does- Please, please, please let me have one! I'm getting more errors here- I think their webserver is this side of melting down.......

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Flutterby80

Just got a mad Java stack error from Argos........
    I think they're definitely having problems this evening.......

The new catalogue is live on the website at 12 tonight so you will see glitches while they change over

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

uli84 wrote:
    Ah missed that again

in fairness you asked before anyone

Try again- and see if it works. If it does- Please, please, please let me have one! I'm getting more errors here- I think their webserver is this side of melting down.......

What's it worth? :)

Joking- I just tried and got you a code :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 FiftyTwo

PM sent

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement