Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Towel Shave

Options
  • 28-04-2005 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

Does anyone know where the best place to get a hot towel shave is in the Dublin City Centre and how much does it cost?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

me bloke got one done in inchicore last saturday
    it cost 18 eurons...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

THE BEST: Knights of the Green. Stephens Green Centre.

Had a voucher so no idea of cost but it was the best shave I ever had...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

What's the difference? :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Knights on the Green are pretty expensive IIRC. There's also places like The Grafton Barber and Blue Dolphin. I'd guess that if you crossed the Liffey you'd get a better deal for the same job. Got my hair done for 6eu across the Hapenny Bridge this week in a hairdresser beside Cycological. Same cut just saved a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Bri wrote:
    Knights on the Green are pretty expensive IIRC. There's also places like The Grafton Barber and Blue Dolphin. I'd guess that if you crossed the Liffey you'd get a better deal for the same job. Got my hair done for 6eu across the Hapenny Bridge this week in a hairdresser beside Cycological. Same cut just saved a lot.

Sounds more like you got a cut than a Hot Towel Shave. I've gone to the Warldorff on Westmoreland St. 45 for a cut and shave (sorry not sure what the actual breakdown was) a different time for a present I got a shave and friction treatment which was the dogs!!!

Guys you got to try it at least once in your life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Usually every 2 months I get one done in the Grafton Barber(hot towel shave, that is). i think it was 20euro the last time I got it, and i gave a 5quid tip too. i was waiting about 40 minutes for it but it was well worth it.

The guy who did it spent 40 minutes doing it, proper job too, he shaved my neck about 4 times. You feel great after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

uhm... sorry for digging up an old thread, i just remembered seeing this before and it seems as good as starting a new one on the matter! I want to get a hot towel shave, but am just curious about what amount of facial hair it covers... like, does it matter that i haven't shaved in a couple of weeks and am kinda beardy, or would that require beard trim and not be part of it?

ahem...sorry, just don't wanna confusedly try ask stupid questions like this in a barber...

Advertisement