Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flogging old games, need tips.

Options
  • 15-08-2012 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

Allo all.

I've been a gamer my entire life, and have amassed a pretty epic collection of megadrive/gamegear/gameboy/psp/ps2/ps3/dreamcast/pc games.

Now, i'm looking to shift all these and am wondering how to do it.

Car boot sale? Ebay?

What have you guys done, and what was your experience?

Cheers for any and all tips.

p.s: Please, no soliciting for sales, just looking for tips.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Here is a tip for you,
    Dont sell them :)

I sold a load of ps2 games to GAME in 2007. Always regretted it afterwards. Was getting a euro a game. What was the point in selling them. I'd rather have something collect dust that sell at a ridiculously low price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Allo all.

I've been a gamer my entire life, and have amassed a pretty epic collection of megadrive/gamegear/gameboy/psp/ps2/ps3/dreamcast/pc games.

Now, i'm looking to shift all these and am wondering how to do it.

Car boot sale? Ebay?

What have you guys done, and what was your experience?

Cheers for any and all tips.

p.s: Please, no soliciting for sales, just looking for tips.

Well you could go to the arcade and retro forum here and swap them for something newer? or adverts? the arcade forum though would love you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

You could tell me what Mega Drive games you have? :)

That'd be my tip....

Other than that Ebay or adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

CruelCoin wrote: »
    50 cents to a euro per game if sold bulk.

Or maybe more for any rare games.

It depends how fast you need the cash? If you can, search for each one of them on ebay, and check if any go for a good sum of money. The ones that don't, see if you can flog them off on Irish sites, to ensure P&P is not more than the game itself.

Advertisement