Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Menupages.ie

Options
  • 27-08-2010 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

I dunno who else goes to MenuPages.ie but it is one of my favourite sites. They have menus and reviews from restaurants all across the country. I have been hounding them for months to add Clare to their list - they are still missing a few counties - but as of a few days ago they have now added CLARE and ENNIS!

I have been posting a few reviews on there sure. They have a few mistakes - common since it just went up - I emailed them about a few and told them of some of the new places which just opened.

Anyway, thought I would share that sure. It's a great place to kill a few hours reading about great places to eat. It's like Yelp, only more Irish. ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

check out the thread in consumer issues (business section) about this crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I saw that. I have posted a few no-so-positive reviews on there which are there and haven't been removed. But the thread does touch on a subject which directly effects us here on Boards.ie even - defamation.

If you check out the threads here on Oxegen, you will see the whole MCD disclaimer - you can't say anything negative on boards.ie about the Oxegen festival as MCD sued to have negative posts removed. Any company can do that, and in Ireland there is no freedom of speech protection, meaning websites can be sued if they post something negative about a company and that company decides to take action.

I'm betting companies contacted menupages to have reviews pulled, and legally, there is not much menupages, boards, or any other website can do until someone takes this issue to the High Court.

Either way, still a great site IMHO - they have the menus on there along with specials and pictures of the places - even without the reviews its a great site to plan an evening out sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

They seem to have redesigned the site somewhat, and now you can't sort restaurants by number of stars. :mad:

e.g. http://www.menupages.ie/Dublin/city_centre/city_centre_south.aspx

I am a member of menupages, i do reviews for 2 years, have thousands and thousands of points and c annot get a reply as to how to spend these on meals like they promice when joining.
    I know a friend that has 12000 points and keep adding but to no avail, u get nothing for your reviews,
    Does anyone know otherwise.
    Yvonne

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Yvonnebb - Perhaps you should contact Menu Pages directly.

http://www.menupages.ie/ContactUs

Locking this thread as it is almost two years old.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement