Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sun shimmer instant tan...

Options
  • 13-04-2007 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

how do u make this stuff not streak?.. i'v exfoliated earlier on, and mixed the tan with half moisturiser (i heard it helps), but still streaked so i had to take it all off?.. any suggestions?..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

personally i am not a fan of this stuff as I find it usually streaks and if you sweat or have light colored clothes they get destroyed.
    Why not use a fake tan instead? The loreal sublime bronze gel is good as is the san tropez everyday and they are not too expensive

The lancome leg gel is a bit pricey but its fantastic for legs

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

You could use a fake tan glove. That helps it go on smoother. It just requires lots and lots of patience!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭artnotort

i'd say go for a tinted moisturiser on your leg.
    no7 do some really dark colours
    or if that sounds a bit mental just go straight for the fake tan.
    use one that has a colour in it (like st tropez or sublime bronze) so you can see exactly where you are applying and also have an instant effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

i avoid that tan like the plague
    but if u have to go out last minute and need a tan its handy, try a tan mit and dampen it, it goes on much better then,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Use a latex glove. It takes practice but it's worth it in the end. I use it a lot in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Pythia wrote:
    Use a latex glove. It takes practice but it's worth it in the end. I use it a lot in the summer.

Yeh I'd agree with Pythia. Using a latex glove makes it much easier to apply but it does take a good bit of practice to get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭✭fits

I find the sunshimmer, the easiest to get right. I think its great stuff altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Go to a medical shop and buy a box of non pwedered latex gloves then you should be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

panda100 wrote:
    Go to a medical shop and buy a box of non pwedered latex gloves then you should be grand!

Where are the medical shops panda? I get mine from the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

I swear by that sumshimmer stuff! Has the best colour. Use one of the orange mitts you get in the chemist for a fiver and you cant go wrong.

Dont mix it with moisturiser, you wont get equal parts and will make it more greasy.
    Also try use the matte version instead of the shimmer, dries into the skin that bit quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Pythia wrote:
    Where are the medical shops panda? I get mine from the internet.

If you go into clarendon medical shop on claredon street...Its parallel to grafton street and a couple of shops down from the powerscourt shopping centre. You can buy a box of 100 gloves for 5euro or something ridiculously cheap. Make sure there non powedered though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Any 2 euro shop sells boxes of these gloves.

Advertisement