Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Make up brushes - where to buy?

• 20-12-2006 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Well just wondering if any of ye have seen a decent set of make up brushes anywhere in town (Dublin).

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

You can get make up brushes at any of the counters in bt;s or realistically anything that sells make up, but to be honest its worth spending the money on them.

In my opinion the best ones you can get are Make Up forever which is located on the same street as the front entrance into Powerscourt shopping centre (sorry cant remember street name for the life of me), white building as you walk up towards st stephens green on the right.

Or Mac (bt;s)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Yeah Make Up Forever and Mac are the two that I'd recommend as well - MUF is on Clarendon Street by the way.

They're both pretty pricey though. I'd say splash out on a good blusher brush and eyeshadow brush, cos they can both make a lot of difference, but then maybe not quite so expensive general powder/bronzer brushes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

thanks for the street name, ill hopefully remember it now lol n:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cheerio

I'm looking for a decent foundation brush that is fairly reasonably priced. Can anyone recommend any?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I've a mac foundation brush, not sure how much it costs though but I love it. However you need to have decent foundation to play with in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Ive a MAC foundation brush also. Cant remember how much it was - i think between €30-€40. But it is excellent. Make sure to clean it at least once a week and lie it flat whilst it dries (water will seep in if you dry standing up and glue will eventually seperate and it will not last)

I use Estee Lauder double wear foundation and i have to say they work great together. Highly recommended!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

I also have a MAC foundation brush - and it's great. I do not think that foundation brushes are that necessary to be honest. The essentials are a powder brush, a blusher brush (you can always double up on these) and a large eyeshadow brush and a thin eyeshadow brush.

I have a double ended eyeshadow brush from Stila and it is brilliant - one end is large and the other end is thin (for liner and to pat in eyeshadow into the crease etc).

Bobbi Brown do good powder brushes. But I would highly recommend the Body Shop brushes for something a little cheaper - they have won various awards for their brushes over a number of years.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Get the MAC foundation brush In fact get MAC everything. I'm building my brush collection this Christmas. The right tools will last aaages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

I got a lil make-up kit last Xmas from MAC, it's mini brushes. Has a lip brush, couple of eyeshadow brushes and an excellent blusher brush which I use all the time!! Would recommend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Yeah, the little gift sets of MAC brushes are fine but I would recommend getting the real thing when in MAC next. Just buy one a week or whatever to ease the cost for you. Worth investing in, your make up will go on so much nicer ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I like the Body Shop ones. They last and aren't obscenely priced imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

I use MAC foundation brush and Body Shop blusher brush - both which are brilliant. Use a Clarins general powder brush and although it applies the powder quite well it tends to shed a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 malibu_stacey

MAC is definitely the best for a foundation brush and get one of their liquid foundations to go with it, face and body is really good!Definitely reccommend it, I use all of MAC's brushes and compared to other brands they last ages! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭Mitzy

I got a fabulous 23 piece set of make up brushes in a leather case on ebay for €20 (including postage) - total bargain. I was expecting them to be total rubbish but they are excellent quality.:D
    As far as I know they are still on sale as I saw a set on ebay the other day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

~Leanne~ wrote:
    Make sure to clean it at least once a week

!!!

Euwww!Your meant to wash it each time you use it!You cant have yesterdays foundation on it!

I use the mac foundation and concealer brushes. They may seem expensive but are the best on the market and mine have lasted grand for the last two years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

I think i read somewhere that the MAC brushes are one of the best but that also The Body Shop brushes are the closest in quality to the MAC ones.Maybe buy the ones you'll use most often from MAC(foundation and powder perhaps) and then ones that you wont use as much,but still need(flat eyeliner,eyeshadow), from The Body Shop..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

panda100 wrote:
    Euwww!Your meant to wash it each time you use it!You cant have yesterdays foundation on it!

Agreed! Thats sick not washing your brushes after each time you use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 tv400

Just wondering which mac foundaton brush people use. I have 187 but i have heard good things about 190. Any Comments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

orla wrote:
    Agreed! Thats sick not washing your brushes after each time you use it.

But what about using a sponge to apply foundation. Would ye wash that each day?

And the make-up compacts that come with the little sponge in them, would ye wash that sponge every day too? What a pain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Well i wouldnt wear foundation everyday - only at weekends really. And when i was buying the brush at mac, 2 of the artists said once a week with the mac brush cleaner :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

rsta wrote:
    But what about using a sponge to apply foundation. Would ye wash that each day?

And the make-up compacts that come with the little sponge in them, would ye wash that sponge every day too? What a pain!

I wouldn't bother washin the sponges because i'd usually throw them out after 3-4 weeks.

With the brushes though i've found that if you don't wash them regulary they turn to crap. The first 'make up forever' foundation brush i got was ruined within 3 months. I've a benefit one now for almost year i think now and its perfect.

Advertisement