Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest petrol

Options
  • 11-06-2009 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭

If you're looking for the cheapest pertol in your area, all you have to do is log onto this site!! Now I don't know how accurate it is, but it may be worth a look. If this actually works its fantastic!!

www.pumps.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Gregsor

Good find.

I used to use a similar site 2-3 years back but i couldn`t find it recentley.

To be honest though i don`t think they are varying anymore these days,the competition is useless as all the big companies have bought over the compeditors.

If you go to say the one down the road for a huge 1c cheaper per liter you will most likely spend an extra 5-10 mins from leaving your car to paying for the stuff.

I used to support the cheaper stations but not bothered too much these days unless there would be a significant difference :mad:.

Plus oil has hit it`s yearly highest as of yesterday,so i`m not expecting much good for the coming weeks.

Thanks again though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Ya I've been using that site for awhile.

The price of oil doesn't really seem to make much of a difference in what theu charge us here. When i was at its lowest peak there a little while ago we were still being charged 1.10 or more. Majority of petrol stations don't pass on the saving at all

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

...and as the Topaz monopoly grows, so does the cost of a litre of petrol and diesel....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭daymobrew

suppafly wrote: »
    Majority of petrol stations don't pass on the saving at all
    The NCA did a good article on this issue.
    Gregsor wrote: »
    I used to use a similar site 2-3 years back but i couldn`t find it recentley.
    It might have been http://www.irishfuelprices.com/

Advertisement