Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prison

• 30-09-2013 6:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭

I am probably risking some kind of ban or warning myself but I was just scouting around boards in places I don't normally look and I found the "prison" forum. Some light entertainment from some people who got bans but this guy just made me laugh hysterically. From 2011-2 weeks ago! Some people never learn!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056386147

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Have a look around there are even better ones then that !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

It's where people go to get shanked and raped, but not necessarily in that order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Chemical burn can be found in there from time to time. Usually under a pseudo name:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I was wondering why the TV forums were so quiet!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dees99

What was so funny about that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Tis a bit mad for someone who's been on the site for 10 years to end up getting a permanent site ban after that long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,450 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Tis a bit mad for someone who's been on the site for 10 years to end up getting a permanent site ban after that long.

Is a permanent site ban a permanent site ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

How ia it possible that the guy managed 21346 posts and only gets banned now? After 10 years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

kneemos wrote: »
    Is a permanent site ban a permanent site ban.
    Yes, the clue is in the name. :p

Permanent site ban?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

kneemos wrote: »
    Permanent site ban?
    Indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

How ia it possible that the guy managed 21346 posts and only gets banned now? After 10 years?

Simple. The more trouble you cause in the long run is still recorded.

You can be a member for ten years and rack up bans and infractions and you just finally get noticed and get banned.

It's one of the better things about the site, TBH.

Unlike other places were you have serial trolls that go unnoticed (not saying anyone on this site is a serial troll). At least here if you waste time you'll be dealt with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

dees99 wrote: »
    What was so funny about that?

I just found it funny that it was a yearly thing for 3 years. And as the admin pointed out he had a few infractions between those times. He obviously didn't take the hint. I found it amusing. That's all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Yeah it's funny, and weird too, like when the mod apologies for late response then bans the guy forever.

Boards is like some strange place that the Starship Enterprise would visit occasionally and then escapes from in a hurry.

I find the behaviour and characteristics of many whom inhabit this strange place called Boards.ie to be non-human in character. Especially those who inhabit this place on a daily basis.

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Kind of ends the clique talk that often gets thrown out, post counts don't really matter that much, especially if you are causing bother on a few forums on the site but contributing on 1 or 2.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

I'm no good at posting link, but Dermo88 thread is superb. Priceless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

So, this permanent site ban, is it for good? Of a permanent nature? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

It was much more entertaining in the old days when the convicts could interact with each other *, and I think each others threads.

/ whimsical sigh + free Bubbles etc.

* possible pun intended

kowloon wrote: »
    So, this permanent site ban, is it for good? Of a permanent nature? :D

There's a clue somewhere in the name apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I only ever ran across him in the TV boards, and very occasionally in an AH thread, I'd no idea he was clocking up warnings and bans in subforums. Blimey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I think he/she was banned for trolling the xbox one thread. Final straw that broke the camels back. Pity cos he/she was a good source of info in the TV Forum. :

Hey OP

There's a pretty good thread on Prison here.

We can't discuss reasons for individual bans though I'm afraid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement