Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A wild, wild imagination

• 28-09-2013 1:38am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How can we express our mad, wildest imagination?

Picture driving down a big, wide motorway - dead straight. You're in a
    Ferrari doing about 90 mph and there are no other cars.

Then suddenly, the motorway ahead turns into a giant cobra snake and you
    freeze in your tracks...it rises up, hisses and is poised to strike!!

The next thing, you are dancing with moonpig. The lights are
    extra bright and colourful. The beats get louder and louder. You long for a summer sojourn among the wild flowers by the Norfolk Broads.

The sky opens up and atmospheric pressure drops to almost 0.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

JupiterKid wrote: »
    How can you we express our mad, wildest imagination?

Trends suddenly, the motorway ahead turns into a giant cobra snake and you

Extra bright and colourful. You long for a summer sojourn among
    The wild flowers by the Norfolk Broads.

That's some good sh1t you're on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

What kind of Ferrari was it and why were you only doing 90? Are there speed limits in your imagination?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

JupiterKid wrote: »
    How can you we express our mad, wildest imagination?

Trends suddenly, the motorway ahead turns into a giant cobra snake and you

Extra bright and colourful. You long for a summer sojourn among
    The wild flowers by the Norfolk Broads.

Wildest imagination and the best car you could come up with is a Ferrari doing 90mph???

Great minds think alike CJC99, you beat me to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

When I was on MDMA a fair few years ago I looked across the park and saw a man made out of buckets and oranges waving at me and being all wobbly and weird, he looked non threatening but I was still quite intrigued about him while I was looking. His head was an orange, body was a bucket and so on. I stared for about 30 seconds at this strange being I had never seen even in my wildest dreams, literally couldn't take my eyes off him, would he actually talk to me, what would I say to him, did he have some sort of greater knowledge he was going to share with me, was this the greatest moment of my life, focused a little harder and it was a tree with a bit of wind blowing it.

True story. :)

True story. :)

,bro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

The soundtrack to this thread is early 70's Pink Floyd. Please continue....

*passes out*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Yep, the Ferrari was only doing 90 mph.

Moonpig was jealous that you didn't commit. You can smell sounds and
    taste colours. The city is open and you are feeling capable of
    anything.

You want to ensure that your friends can melt into the sofa of
    platonic pleasure.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

90 mph in a Ferrari is still slower than 150 kph in a Toyota Yaris...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

And then you accidentally the whole thing?

90 mph in a Ferrari is still slower than 150 kph in a Toyota Yaris...

In a thread like this, are we all just super car geeks considering thats what we have all picked up on? :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Smidge wrote: »
    In a thread like this, are we all just super car geeks considering thats what we have all picked up on? :o

A Yaris is a very boring car! :P 90 mph just isn't very fast. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Imagine you are in a flying Porsche 911 on 9/11 crashing into one of the twin towers.

There is a field of wheat stretching into the infinite distance.

You are floating a couple of feet above the ground - you see huge electricity
    pylons overhead and your attention focuses on the ceramic
    Insulators. Gradually you hear sounds - a hissing that grows louder and
    synthesiser sounds interspersed with cha cha rattles.

The landscape turns a yellow orange colour. It feels like you
    are turning into a Krups device.

The Yaris is the weekend number..
    During the week I bring the kids to school in the Zenvo ST1 :D

*drool*

Serious answer:

The OP is actually on to a good idea! But maybe the Creative Writing forum would be a better place for an experiment like this.
    The Yaris is the weekend number..
    During the week I bring the kids to school in the Zenvo ST1 :D

I go most places on my mountain bike. :cool:

Even the new Ferraris are a bit boring. All nicely refined spoilt rich kids toys fitted with PRNDL boxes. These cars are supposed to be temperamental ould beasts that require hours of frittering around in the garage every time you use it, require a dozen obscure steps to start it, the controls should be as non-standard as could be and the car should attempt to murder you each time you turn the steering wheel or push the accelerator.

Not some consumerised yoke that is remotely monitored by Ferrari HQ that some American prep school ditzy blonde can just put into 'D' and drive to her f*ckbuddy's place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

When I was on MDMA a fair few years ago I looked across the park and saw a man made out of buckets and oranges waving at me and being all wobbly and weird....
    Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo
    Was....that his name?

Serious answer:

The OP is actually on to a good idea! But maybe the Creative Writing forum would be a better place for an experiment like this.

I go most places on my mountain bike. :cool:

unfriend :-/

:p

unfriend :-/

:p

That's just the way I roll! :pac:

*grabs coat*

:o

That's just the way I roll! :pac:

*grabs coat*

:o

Can you imagine going into a dealership and looking to buy an Aston Martin One77 and asking them to put a bike rack on the back of it?

I'd love that, just for the look on their faces :D

• Advertisement

Can you imagine going into a dealership and looking to buy an Aston Martin One77 and asking them to put a bike rack on the back of it?

That's wilder than anything I'll be imagining tonight! :D

Bed time for me now.

Get a hitch and a bike rack that goes on that. If they look any bit funny just say 'all those horsepowers and you can't even tow a feckin trailer'

I saw a bentley with a hitch in Dublin not too long ago. The owners were onto the right idea

That's wilder than anything I'll be imagining tonight! :D

Bed time for me now.

Leave you with a new mountain bike carrier so ;)

http://www.rsportscars.com/koenigsegg/2009-koenigsegg-ccxr-edition/pictures/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

A dog appeared where the painted house sat on the top of a hill. It was blue but the dog did not know for what reason it was grey. 'I must paint this house,' he affirmed. The idea that there might be another dimension from which the dog could source some colour began to weigh on his mind like nothing had before.

He spent the evening wandering fields.

--

A clown found himself in a room where people were shuffling. His heart was heavy for a reason he could not explain. His instinct was to transform the atmosphere. 'This is the reason why I am here. I know that.' Proceeding with his routine he noticed the faces and body language of the congregation changing. The faces became larger but soon became too large to be considered receptive.

Suddenly feeling physically overwhelmed, the clown watched as the pattern of the ceiling passed before his vision slowly along a conveyor belt.

He found himself in a plane just beyond confusion, feeling naked and deeply uncomfortable. It was so unbearable that he finally surrendered completely.

Launching a budget airplane made out of giant ice lollipop sticks up a thistle grown hill in County Roscommon on its way to France.

A cochlear shaped shrine - almost completely subsurface under the rolling countryside ... looking at and admiring sculptural designs my sisters and I made as part of a competition when the shrine complex was built in the early 90s.

Moonpig...where are you? :(

Sam was a threat to the maintenance of world peace. He worked dilligently like a worker bee in his crisp dark suit and white shirt in a cubicle in a tinted glass tower in an edge city of Dallas, Texas.

He had inadvertently started the chain of events that would lead to nuclear war. And for that he would have to pay the ultimate price. Unless he escaped before THEY got to him. Before they disposed of him like a rag doll thrown into the dustbin.

He would have to flee down the river and across the border with Nana Shimone. But how?

Advertisement