Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Browsers for Android.

• 03-04-2013 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭

K, so I'm wondering what browsers people are using?

I'm still searching for one I'm happy with. My old ICS (or was it HTC? Not sure now) stock browser was decent enough, but since upgrading to a custom JB rom I've tried several and none have been just right.

Chrome was atrociuos, Dolphin was ok but a little slow and with other little niggles I found off putting.
    I'm on UC browser now, which I thought was gonna be my saviour. The option to just swipe left and right to go back and forward made it such a nice fluid experience and it is violently fast,the fastest I've used by quite a way. Has some other cool little options too... but I've discovered it won't recognise my 'auto correct dictionary' dealy on Swiftkey which is very irritating. It also doesn't repond to my 'auto adjusted brightess' thing on my phone where all other browsers did and instead requires manual adjusting of brightness every time I use it in different lightnesses (is lightnesses a word? I've no idea cauae my auto correct dictionary yokey isn't working :\).

So what are people using? Positives, negatives, recommendations?
    Is there a kickass world beating browser waiting for me to discover it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Hang me high but i like firefox. 90% of my mobile browsing would be boards, the main site, not touch, & firefox displays it well. Chrome only does strange pointless actions while trying to use the main site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

I use opera on my phone and on my pc. If you use opera link it synchronises both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I find chrome pretty good. I tried mobile Firefox because I use that on my laptop but the sync feature wouldn't work so I went back to chrome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I use Dolphin because of the Lastpass and Xmarks addons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I use Opera Mobile. I tried Chrome because Chrome is my PC browser of choice but it just crashed constantly when used with Swype.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Im using the Stock android browser that came on my Galaxy Nexus. Not a big fan of the lack of flash integration into Chrome.

Does anyone know if the stock Android browser on my Nexus can be sideloaded onto a Nexus 4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭T-Bird

opera works best for me, double tap magnifies perfectly and it rearranges the text in web pages for viewing screen. also synch and home page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I use Dolphin because of the Lastpass and Xmarks addons

Same, Lastpass integration is vital for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

I use Firefox because it works well with Boards Touch. A lot of other browsers don't. I also find it works fairly well with Swype keyboard while most other browsers do not.

Finally, when you go Back to a previous page, it doesn't build that page from the top.

And finally, finally, it will re-wrap text when you zoom into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭smilerf

I use boat

• Advertisement

I like dolphin, it's not perfect but full screen mode is great when you get used to hitting back button to see the tabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭steve_r

3rdDegree wrote: »
    I use Firefox because it works well with Boards Touch. A lot of other browsers don't. I also find it works fairly well with Swype keyboard while most other browsers do not.

Finally, when you go Back to a previous page, it doesn't build that page from the top.

And finally, finally, it will re-wrap text when you zoom into it.

Might try this. I've found boards the site that causes the most problems.

Opera is my main choice, I just find it clean and simple. Might try UC browser if its as fast as you say.

Every browser i've used, if I leave the app and come back, it reloads the page. Are there any apps that just keep the page, like it would be on a desktop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭G1032

I keep going back to Dolphin. Never any lag/slow issues with Dolphin for me.

Boat Browser is excellent too.

There is a new Opera Beta out if those who use Opera want to try it out.

Also Naked Browser getting quite popular now

Dolphin Mini is handy aswell.. It can run YouTube in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I use the stock browser on my S3 and then Chrome on the Nexus 7. Have tried a load of others but the one I'm actually most happiest with is the S3 stock browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 schriss

I use Opera most of the time because I find it nicely looking and performing well. I also keep Firefox Beta and Chrome, but use those rarely. For some time Chrome was my main browser, but stopped using it, forgot what was the reason...
    Also, Boat Browser is a very nice one, but also stopped using it for some reason... maybe for security reasons.

I guess it depends what browser you're using on your Desktop/Laptop, try use the same on mobile as they will usually sync.

Advertisement