Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it a date?

Options
  • 28-10-2014 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm in my job a few years now and about a month or so ago we got new staff. They work the same level as me, I'm not a supervisor or manager or anything.

I do like one of the girls, she is extremely bright and bubbly. I used to sit on my own a little apart in a corner and she'd come over chatting. Tapping my arm as she spoke but I don't read much in that as others in the office do that. Just chatting like friends realy, she is always laughing which makes her a fun person to be around. I'm not realy like that, while I can chat away I can be a bit shy at times too.

We had desk moves last week and I'm surrounded by teammates now so that doesn't realy happen anymore. So we do be chatting over the microsft communicator (not all the time, I get my work done too :)). Just the usual, weekend plans and stuff. Lots of joking, all very light hearted.

I helped her out on a project last week, that's nothing strange as I'm experienced so I help everyone out. She asked did I want to go for a drink after work as a thank you and I said sure. She wanted me to pick a time and it didn't quite work last week as I heading away for the weekend and also working the bank holiday.

Back in work today and she started up chatting again this morning and after a while said she was looking forward to going for a drink and when did I want to. I said tomorrow evening and that's set. It's only the two of us, nobody else from the team is going, she proposed the whole thing.

I have never been in this situation. Does it mean she is interested? Or just taking a co worker out for a drink as a thank you and that's the end of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

isitadate wrote: »
    I'm in my job a few years now and about a month or so ago we got new staff. They work the same level as me, I'm not a supervisor or manager or anything.

I do like one of the girls, she is extremely bright and bubbly. I used to sit on my own a little apart in a corner and she'd come over chatting. Tapping my arm as she spoke but I don't read much in that as others in the office do that. Just chatting like friends realy, she is always laughing which makes her a fun person to be around. I'm not realy like that, while I can chat away I can be a bit shy at times too.

We had desk moves last week and I'm surrounded by teammates now so that doesn't realy happen anymore. So we do be chatting over the microsft communicator (not all the time, I get my work done too :)). Just the usual, weekend plans and stuff. Lots of joking, all very light hearted.

I helped her out on a project last week, that's nothing strange as I'm experienced so I help everyone out. She asked did I want to go for a drink after work as a thank you and I said sure. She wanted me to pick a time and it didn't quite work last week as I heading away for the weekend and also working the bank holiday.

Back in work today and she started up chatting again this morning and after a while said she was looking forward to going for a drink and when did I want to. I said tomorrow evening and that's set. It's only the two of us, nobody else from the team is going, she proposed the whole thing.

I have never been in this situation. Does it mean she is interested? Or just taking a co worker out for a drink as a thank you and that's the end of it?

Now why did you go and do a silly thing like that? Putting a label on it.

Go out, no pressure, have fun. Enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 MissKittenfire

Now why did you go and do a silly thing like that? Putting a label on it.

Go out, no pressure, have fun. Enjoy.

Sterling Archer I love your name!

I agree enjoy spending time with her. Sometimes things turn into a date halfway. And sometimes you get a date out of a coffee. :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

I like the sound of her. It's hard to know for sure but I would think, given that no one else is going, that it's a get to know you. Just enjoy it and if you like her at the end just suggest doing it again

• Registered Users Posts: 2 isitadate

OP here and just in the door.

I picked a local bar which was lovely and quiet though I didn't predict they woukd be blasting footballl later on. I dislike bars that do that, oh well. We had two drinks each. I would say she is a lot more talkative then I am but the chat was flowing

Walked her home, very unsure should I hold her hand and didnt. Got to the door and we kissed outside for aaaaaaages. Asked her can I take her out this weekend, she said yes and then we parted with another hug and kiss.

Thanks boards for the advice :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Woo hoo :) well done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

So was it a date?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Don't keep us in suspense man!

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Frank Lee Midere - one of the fundamental rules in PI is that we don't allow members to request updates from the OP - their issue isn't posted here for your entertainment. Please read the forum charter before posting in PI again.

Regards,
    Mike

Advertisement