Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kuota Kharma vs Planet X N2A

• 20-12-2013 9:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭c50

are those wheels included at the price on the n2a? i used always hate planet x with their gammy 'pro carbon' which is fine for the money but not a good frame with more than one story about melting in the sun. HOWEVER, from what i can see the n2a is a quality frame. that said the kharma is nice but it is heavy. a 12k weave never comes up light, i havent checked n2a weight but im thinking its quite a respectable weight for an aero frame...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Planet X better spec'd, Kuota is waaaay better looking though. I'd go Kuota personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Smalltom

With regards to frame weight(less fork, seat post etc) for a medium in the black/red scheme is hovering around 1240grms. Weighed mine the other day prior to handing it over to the mechanic to build it. Just waiting for the new saddle and she'll be ready for road! He said its plenty stiff and looks great. He rides a Ridley Noah and is no slouch when it comes to telling the truth etc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

On looks, I'm going with Kuota.

I do have a thing for the "stealth" look though. That's what I like to call it.

/Hugs Canyon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

If it was me (and I'm hoping it might be in the new year) I would go with the n2a. Subjective I know but I think it looks better.

What's this about them melting in the sun?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Smalltom

BTW-I'll stick up a pic of mine when built if you want and you can take a look at it in the flesh. I'm based in North Tipp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Planet X better spec'd, Kuota is waaaay better looking though. I'd go Kuota personally.

+1
    its a no brainer; thats georgeous looking, SSTish

• Registered Users Posts: 29 fellow traveller

c50 wrote: »
    i used always hate planet x with their gammy 'pro carbon' which is fine for the money but not a good frame with more than one story about melting in the sun.

I would love to hear even one story about a PX frame melting in the sun, because it sounds the ravings of a madman TBH.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I'd take the n2a myself. Hate the shape of the top tube on the other one.

In reality I wouldn't buy either though as I think aero bikes are rank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭mistermatthew

They are both nice, I like the planet X frame but it is let down by the wheels.

Why do planet X insist on writing their name so many times on wheels. Its baffling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

ah has to be the Kharma (karma karma karma karma......isn't that an old song?) :p

Mind you , I'm biased as the wife ordered one just recently for collection next month. SRAM Force 22, Cosmic wheels.... class

btw, the '3' logo's on the wheels I think is just standard? Same with my 'ovals' on my SST, and the Fulcrum's in the pic above as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

I'm loving the look of that Planet X bike. In the market for a new bike and was hoping to spend about 2000. That one is 2470. I could stretch to that.

I'm loving the look of that Planet X bike. In the market for a new bike and was hoping to spend about 2000. That one is 2470. I could stretch to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

I've a Planet X going on three years now , absolutely flawless and fault free ,even though I was 15 % over the maximum weight for the bike when I started.

The N2A is a smashing looking bike. What are the wheels like? Is it more geared towards racing?

Advertisement