Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How paranoid do you get really?

• 29-07-2008 1:34pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭

We all suffer from bouts of paranoia sometimes. How bad do you honestly get though?

Reading a thread in another forum about some punter who had a missed call from a blank phone number, he/she was asking if anyone knew who was calling him! We all know someone who has been paranoid like that!

So what was the worst bout of paranoia you had? I used to put about half a roll of jax roll on a public toilet seat (i.e. one that was not in my house) before using it to prevent me catching killer diseases!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

Why? What? Who? Paranoid, me?? What have you heard?? Who told you I was paranoid? Was it Ricky? What did he say? Was it Lucy? Who told you? I need to know! Who told you I was paranoid???!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,060 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

My therapist thinks I'm paranoid. She hasn't told me as much but I know she thinks it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

faceman wrote: »
    We all suffer from bouts of paranoia sometimes. How bad do you honestly get though?

Reading a thread in another forum about some punter who had a missed call from a blank phone number, he/she was asking if anyone knew who was calling him! We all know someone who has been paranoid like that!

So what was the worst bout of paranoia you had? I used to put about half a roll of jax roll on a public toilet seat (i.e. one that was not in my house) before using it to prevent me catching killer diseases!
    What about the person who ' honk honk's ' at you while driving past with a big cheesy grin and a wave and you wonder ' who the hell was that ' ?

Actually the toilet paper on loo seat is probably more OCD than paronia .As for paronia itself, i have finally accepted that if they are gonna get ya ,there gonna get ya .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

When I've been smoking all day and then go into some social situation, I'm always really quiet because I'm afraid that everyone will think I'm a tool. It's horrible when I do say something too because I'll keep repeating it over and over in my head until it becomes a grunt and I'll be sure that I just grunted at someone.

But just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not all out to get me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

*Lifts tinfoil hat, scratches head*

Definitely not paranoid :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭'Ol Jack Chance

I'm not paranoid because I am the they that everyone is paranoid about:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

I get a bit para sometimes if i don't hear from my OH for a few hours. I also get a bit paranoid if my boss is in ****e form I always assume its something I have done/said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Whenever I see a thread like "I cheated on my boyfriend and I feel awful" in PI, I read it to see if its my girlfriend posting.

When younger I was quite a jealous person but seem to have grown out of it but yet I still check, maybe I'm still a bit jealous/insecure/paranoid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Not really

But an ex friend of mine would start fights with other girls when we are out
    'she's looking at me, she is, deffo she is.......'
    it got to a stage where she turned me paranoid
    She once pounced on a girl in the toilets as she skiped the queue - said girl was so drunk - but friend just seen red. Glad I dont see her anymore

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

are there any hyperchondriacs among us who google the spots on their arse?? There must be!! (...I do...!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

And so the true nature of the thread is revealed..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

How to thinly disguise a PI

nice work sir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭DenMan

Depends on my mood really. Sometimes when I have had a good week working on a script for my boss I tend to reward myself, go surfing, buy a new album etc. Other times when a deadline is against me I don't feel like doing anything at all until I have resolved it. My way of dealing with it I suppose. A few chats with a GP before is enough to make anyone paranoid. Once at Uni in the UK I went to see a Doctor and told her that the course was going great for me, but was very demanding. A state of mind I suppose, you have good and bad days it's how you deal with them that matters. Plus I got Uni to look forward to again in Sept (I'm going back and looking forward to it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

DenMan wrote: »
    Depends on my mood really. Sometimes when I have had a good week working on a script for my boss I tend to reward myself, go surfing, buy a new album etc. Other times when a deadline is against me I don't feel like doing anything at all until I have resolved it. My way of dealing with it I suppose. A few chats with a GP before is enough to make anyone paranoid. Once at Uni in the UK I went to see a Doctor and told her that the course was going great for me, but was very demanding. A state of mind I suppose, you have good and bad days it's how you deal with them that matters. Plus I got Uni to look forward to again in Sept (I'm going back and looking forward to it)
    What?? How is that about being paranoid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭A_M101

When I was about 13 I used to have this whole ritual of things I had to do before I could go to sleep (check behind the shower curtain, check under my bed, check behind my curtains, check my wardrobe and finally check on top of my wardrobe). I didn't have to do it at the weekend though for some reason. But I'm pretty sure that that's just OCD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

I remember as a child always checking under our car before going anywhere to make sure there wasn't a bomb under it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭DenMan

Mirror wrote: »
    What?? How is that about being paranoid?

I'm not sure maybe it depends on my exact situation. When I'm busy I tend to get things done. When I have too much time on my hands I tend to worry. Maybe it's the voices inside talking to me, lol. They have been getting louder as of recently, ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

DenMan wrote: »
    I'm not sure maybe it depends on my exact situation. When I'm busy I tend to get things done. When I have too much time on my hands I tend to worry. Maybe it's the voices inside talking to me, lol. They have been getting louder as of recently, ;)
    Ok that's a little clearer, but there's a big difference between worry and paranoia...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Krsnik87

I was chased by my own shadow once, that fcuker was almost as quick as me...

Advertisement