Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever seen little things swimming around in your eyes? Or a I just Kerazy?

• 28-07-2008 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Have yez seen them? Little critters swimmin' around in your field of vision. Some of them can be quite large....

Or do I just have some type of crazy disease like Ebola or something.

It's weird that I just question them now, they've been around for as long as I can remember. Little weird things.

Does anyone know what the f*ck I'm on about????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭CheapStuff

They are called floaters and generally are a sign of an impending brain tumour.

Most all of us have these floaters, they are left over from our birthing expierence apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

Unless you're seeing purple elephants or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

CheapStuff wrote: »

Didn't know anything about a brain tumour.

My optician told me if a see through slightly dark curtain appears to go to a doctor STRAIGHT away. That's it though, I@ve had them since I was a child. Tinted glasses help you not see them

Start taking Luthien man ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

saa

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 MataЯ

FLOATERS??? AHAHAHAHA!!!

ahem, on a more serious note. Brain tumor what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'm more surprised that these things have been so actively investigated. And also that they're inside the eye. I thought it was just crap floating around on the outside of the eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

MataЯ wrote: »
    FLOATERS??? AHAHAHAHA!!!

ahem, on a more serious note. Brain tumor what?
    You need to get your brain circumcised to get rid of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

yep.... very common

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'm seeing them right now. I always find when I've a sinus infection, they get worse (probably something to do with pressure in that general area). Pollen count is extremely high this year, people who don't normally get hayfever are suffering with it. And from hayfever you get wretched sinus infections - maybe you have a slight one OP? I'm miserable with one...

• Advertisement

Stop looking at it.... according to quantum physics quarks only exist when they are looked at.

By acknowledging it, you are giving it form. Stop now before its too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Dudess wrote: »
    I'm seeing them right now. I always find when I've a sinus infection, they get worse (probably something to do with pressure in that general area). Pollen count is extremely high this year, people who don't normally get hayfever are suffering with it. And from hayfever you get wretched sinus infections - maybe you have a slight one OP? I'm miserable with one...

Yep Dudess I have them and I never get hayfever but because i'm sneezing so much i have them

without this fluid and floaters ur eyes would not maintain cohesion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

No, my brain works properly.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

As Aidan's link probably points out; it's the break down of cells at the back of the eye moving around in your line of vision. If they ever turn into flashing lights lie on your back and go straight to hospital.

Sh1t! I've been seeing the little dudes since I was a kid and I never did anything about them - so THAT'S what went wrong... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

OP, when you go to sleep I masturbate and tend to splooge all over your eyes. This pleases me. If you wake up with crusty sh'te in your eyes, be assured that you are one of the only people that experiences this too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I see them if I cough too hard (damn cigarettes) or if I stand up too quickly.

Kold wrote: »
    OP, when you go to sleep I masturbate and tend to splooge all over your eyes. This pleases me. If you wake up with crusty sh'te in your eyes, be assured that you are one of the only people that experiences this too.
    Congratulations! You've just out-Snypered Snyper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Congratulations! You've just out-Snypered Snyper!

Pffft, it's not like I f*ck 13 year old girls with a knife. I'm not a perv like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Magpie!

I get them when i'm low on iron.

Get some steak into you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've had them for years in my left eye never much of an issue and my ophthalmic eye-gazer has not remarked on them as a danger.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I rememeber telling my grandma that I'd found a way to make it snow whenever I wanted it too. Squinching up the eyes seems to make me see more floaters.

Ah, I was an oddball kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

I see them too. Or how about in the pitch dark, allowing your mind to create actual images in front of you. They can be a little vague but still noticeable.

Im spooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

oooh I always figured it was just miniscule junk on the outside of the eyeball. Never realised it was within the eye.

As already mentioned by people in this thread and that wiki link if you see flashes or dark spots go to the doctor ASAP as it could be a retinal detachment which means loss of vision if not treated as soon as pos (my GF has just been diagnosed with this).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm so glad I read this thread! I get them all the time. There's a permanent one in my right eye that I notice some times. Thought I had an eye disease actually, but I feel better now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

This whole thing is lost on me I am afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I believe they are quite common and nothing to worry about.I somtimes get them but as another poster said, they are more noticable if you pay to much attention to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I thought they were just scratches on my cornea or something. I have one on my right eye that's pretty annoying.. I can't actually look right at it because whenever I turn my eye in its direction it moves too ¬_¬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid, I see you there, lurking on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's all right. You are forgiven. ~ Stewie Griffin :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

probably something to do with pressure in that general area.

Gigiddy. (Family guy fans might spot that).

For people who don't watch family guy
    a character in the show called Quagmire says "giggidy" often to sexualise non-sexual situations.

But have yez ever seen small little dots speeding around and changing direction really quickly? They're like little points of light. UFOs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

I get those 'floaters' too but the OP mentioned 'little critters swimming'.

When I'm lying on my back looking out window at a blue sky, I see these lighter blue bacteria like lads flying about the place.

Interesting to watch, but not too interesting if it means I'll have a brain tumour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Kold wrote: »
    Pffft, it's not like I f*ck 13 year old girls with a knife. I'm not a perv like.
    Then you're not living the dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Munya

CheapStuff wrote: »

I hope not.

• Advertisement

Naos wrote: »

When I'm lying on my back looking out window at a blue sky, I see these lighter blue bacteria like lads flying about the place.

That's what I'm talking about! They look like little microbes or bacteria going about their daily business on the surface of your eyeball. They way they move seems like they're alive, although they could just be particles of dust n' dirt in brownian motion.

hmmmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

MataЯ wrote: »
    But have yez ever seen small little dots speeding around and changing direction really quickly? They're like little points of light. UFOs.
    That's best how i woulde describe them to

Advertisement