Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teh feminisation of man!

• 28-07-2008 11:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

On Saturday night I engaged in the following acts:

1. I queued to go to the toilet. Wtf?? Since when do men queue?? I really can't remember the last time I stood in line, making small talk whilst bursting for a leak!

2. I had a cocktail. A mojito, and it was lovely. Then I had a beer, so I feel that one cancelled the other out.

3. I danced my pants off. Not like a stripper, but more like a man on a mission to create as much sweat in as little time as possible. Whilst dancing, we got another group of lads involved and had a grand aul time - till one of their girlfriends stepped in, called her bo a gay and dragged him away :(

Listening to the radio this morning, they were banging on about how men are forced into being more feminine. I didn't think so until I remembered the above, and then wondered what my aul lad would make of it all.

'That wouldn't have happened in my day' he'd probably say. And it probably wouldn't have. But is it a good thing? Have we progressed or are our manly habits falling to the wayside?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Sounds fab!

I think we're fine the way we are to be honest, I like wearing my pink shirts and drinking cocktails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

You went to "The George" , didn't you ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I moisturise................my balls.

KTRIC wrote: »
    He was the guy buying you drinks all night ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

*In my biggest culchie accent*

A mojito - what that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭CheapStuff

Irish men are notoriously feminie and submissive... when was the last time your girl let you buy the shirt you liked??

90% of Irish Women have more balls then men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Down with this sorta thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

chin_grin wrote: »
    I moisturise................my balls.

I thought men put baby powder to keep the "dice" dry no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

KTRIC wrote: »

Porterhouse aka Judge Roy Beans I think it was... but I have engaged in similar acts in various venues to be honest. Unless a particular spot enforces a 'no dancing men' policy :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Mojito

I dont think its a gay drink

Mo-heeee-to

• Advertisement

Lets face it Irishmen are destined to do as they are told.

Which is great leaves all the filthy irish birds to me, now all the polish have left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I went away last weekend to a hotel and spa with Mrs.6th. It was nice, I got a back massage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

CheapStuff wrote: »
    90% of Irish Women have more balls then men

Leave Yore Ma out of this for once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I blame oestrogen in the water supply. At last: a scientific rationale for man tits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

so long as you were enjoying yourself who cares... :)

Walk down any street or listen to any radio station is all women talking about how they own their men.

Cucks and Subs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Hunter s.Thompson drank mojitos i think,so that one's allowed.

errr. he killed himself because of his homosexual shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

errr. he killed himself because of his homosexual shame

Better than having someone else kill you for it!

As for the feminisation of man....it's his own fault. Some dude wants to be told how to dress and what haircut to have then **** him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Down with this sorta thing!

Careful now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

I was staying in a hotel the other week and got back from a few drinks and decided to do the most lame thing a man can do.

I had a bubble bath. :(

Kill me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

How many bottles of stuff are we allowed to have in the bathroom before we're into dodgy ground?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Queue new forum announcement.

The Men's Lounge.

FuzzyLogic wrote: »
    How many bottles of stuff are we allowed to have in the bathroom before we're into dodgy ground?

More than 1.

Shower gell.
    Shampoo.
    Hair wax.
    Deoderent.
    Aftershave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I really don't like any form of girlyness in a man. Moisturiser is fine as dry, flaky skin is never nice for anyone, but other than that, manly men ftw. I don't mean neanderthals or anything, but a guy who doesn't compromise his masculinity while at the same time not acting the macho wanker and being secure enough to not get bothered/embarrassed by e.g. gay guys... that's hawt! Clint Eastwood ticks those boxes (in fact he "ticked" a LOT of boxes in his time, the durty dawg!) and he was just so sexy - until not that long ago either. Good going for a man who's only a couple of years shy of 80.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I have way to many.

Moisturiser, about 7 different hair products, normal shampoo, dry hair shampoo. Normal lynx or similar shower gell, then fancy calvin klien stuff for nights out. lots of aftershave...god and there is more, but im gonna stop at that !!

Your on dodgy ground the second you start caring to be honest.

I say do what you want, it's when you start worrying about what people think that your manliness should be questioned.

Real men carry on regardless.

• Advertisement

Dragan, do you... ahem... tick my boxes? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Dragan wrote: »
    Your on dodgy ground the second you start caring to be honest.

I say do what you want, it's when you start worrying about what people think that your manliness should be questioned.

Real men carry on regardless.
    Ok it was a tongue in cheek question designed to get people chattering and to stimulate debate. Don't be so serious, I don't think anybody here cares about anything!

Dudess wrote: »
    Dragan, do you... ahem... tick my boxes? :o

Possibly. I occassionally use something for my skin as it gets pretty dry, often to the point of cracking and bleeding so that is best avoided.

Other than that, shower gel, shampoo and deoderant.

I'm one of the lucky ones in that i appear to be getting better looking as i get older so Time holds no fear for me. :)

I would never have believed i would be happy about that during my ugly teenage years though.:pac:

Swooooooooon... :pac:

Swooooooooon... :pac:

LoL, i wouldn't , i'm still about 10 years from approaching good looking.

*sits and waits*

I honestly just don't understand a guy who would use fake tan or anything like that. And the worst thing is that it becomes more and more popular. You can see the guys in the pubs who spend the longest length of time in front of the mirror.

You look good or you don't. It's about that simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Dragan wrote: »

You look good or you don't. It's about that simple.

That's true. Why put yourself through a whole regime of bull**** in order to look slightly better at best. You're either good looking or you're not so why bother with all that crap. Even with girls, they seem to think getting dolled up makes them almost a completely different person. Say they get their hair done they'll probably feel way better about themselves but men (that I know) don't really notice much of a difference.

Put it this way, I've never known a guy to suddenly like a girl that they didn't like already because she went into a tanning booth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Shower gell.
    Shampoo.
    Hair wax.
    Deoderent.
    Aftershave.
    ehhhhhhh, one too many there straight off.
    Shower gell and shampoo are the same.

That's true. Why put yourself through a whole regime of bull**** in order to look slightly better at best. You're either good looking or you're not so why bother with all that crap. Even with girls, they seem to think getting dolled up makes them almost a completely different person. Say they get their hair done they'll probably feel way better about themselves but men (that I know) don't really notice much of a difference.

Put it this way, I've never known a guy to suddenly like a girl that they didn't like already because she went into a tanning booth.

The majority of "physical appearance" issues that people can be traced back to lifestyle, diet and excercise.

People wake up on Monday morning and pile on the routine trying to claim back some degree of a decent look. They never look back at the previous weekend of no sleep, too much booze/drugs, no exercise and skipped/poor quality meals.

If you want to look good try:
    1) Moving more, take up a sport.
    2) Eat better foods, get your fruit and veg in.
    3) Drink lots of water.
    4) Essential oils for healthy skin, hair and nails.

End.

Cheap and easy and you look good, not "good".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Exactly. That's the truth right there!

Yeah genetics plays no part at all, gets sleep ur hook nose, cross eyes and hunch back will be gone in months.
    Put on some cream to keep yourself looking good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

connundrum wrote: »
    On Saturday night I engaged in the following acts:

1. I queued to go to the toilet. Wtf?? Since when do men queue?? I really can't remember the last time I stood in line, making small talk whilst bursting for a leak!

2. I had a cocktail. A mojito, and it was lovely. Then I had a beer, so I feel that one cancelled the other out.

3. I danced my pants off. Not like a stripper, but more like a man on a mission to create as much sweat in as little time as possible. Whilst dancing, we got another group of lads involved and had a grand aul time - till one of their girlfriends stepped in, called her bo a gay and dragged him away :(

Listening to the radio this morning, they were banging on about how men are forced into being more feminine. I didn't think so until I remembered the above, and then wondered what my aul lad would make of it all.

'That wouldn't have happened in my day' he'd probably say. And it probably wouldn't have. But is it a good thing? Have we progressed or are our manly habits falling to the wayside?

Perhaps in future you'll have the sense to avoid those BGRH outings :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Dont you hate when you go out and there's some guy wearing the same shirt as you? It really gets my thong in a twist.

Yeah genetics plays no part at all, gets sleep ur hook nose, cross eyes and hunch back will be gone in months.
    Cream won't do anything either for any disagreeable genetic traits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

girls are trying their best to become lads and fellas are becoming more girly by the day, in 50 years we will have a complete reversal of the sexes the way its going :p

And fake tan and creams etc will help these how?

"Cosmetics" are so called for a reason, offering a disguise or a alternative to a purely cosmetic problem.

When did i say that living a healthier lifestyle would improve crossed eyes or a hump?

I would suggest offerin some degree of relevancy in your arguments.

sarcasm bypass obviously.

'The majority of "physical appearance" issues that people can be traced back to lifestyle, diet and excercise.

People wake up on Monday morning and pile on the routine trying to claim back some degree of a decent look. They never look back at the previous weekend of no sleep, too much booze/drugs, no exercise and skipped/poor quality meals.'

I pointed out that no amount of sleep will fix genetic defects. Relevant indeed.

Neither will it help pontificating arrogant personality disorders.

I pointed out that no amount of sleep will fix genetic defects. Relevant indeed.

Neither will it help pontificating arrogant personality disorders.

Given the fact that the thread is about cosmetics for me, has crossed over into cosmetics for wimmins and no one mentioned "genetic defects" until you showed you will understand my surprise as i why an unrelated subject was surfacing.

Do i need to preface all my posts with details about what i am not talking about now? I would have thought it was pretty clear my post was made on the subject of the thread, not "genetic defects".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

My boyfriend doesn't care enough to be girly, thank god. Likewise he doesn't like it if I do butch things like swear or use vulgar language and that's grand by me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I really don't like any form of girlyness in a man. Moisturiser is fine as dry, flaky skin is never nice for anyone, but other than that, manly men ftw. I don't mean neanderthals or anything, but a guy who doesn't compromise his masculinity while at the same time not acting the macho wanker and being secure enough to not get bothered/embarrassed by e.g. gay guys... that's hawt! Clint Eastwood ticks those boxes (in fact he "ticked" a LOT of boxes in his time, the durty dawg!) and he was just so sexy - until not that long ago either. Good going for a man who's only a couple of years shy of 80.

I like a man to be manly but not too manly, and not girly but not ungirly, and he should be confident but not cocky, and earn lots of money but not be career focused and he should be Clint Eastwood but Gene Hackman.

Goddamnit, you women, ye're never satisfied.

PS guys I think CheapStuff was being sarcastic.

Edit: okay, I missed page 4, still called it right though.

The subject is the feminisation of man, not cosmetics of any kind. You felt it necessary to give us your life plan, unsolicited. So you got an unsolicited response to an erroneous statement.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

It's all fun and games lads until you burn yourself with a hair straightener. Down with that sorta thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement