Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

my morning Terminator shower routine

• 02-11-2007 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

I have a morning ritual that I need to share. I call it "the terminator". First I crouch down in the shower in the classic "naked terminator traveling through time" pose. With my eyes closed I crouch there for a minute, visualizing either Arnold or the guy from the second movie (not the chick in the third one because that one sucked) and I start to hum the terminator theme. Then I slowly rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me to proceed through my day as an emotionless, cyborg badass. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It ruins the fantasy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Do you have a warm liquid goo phase too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

Pic or it never happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

magick wrote: »
    With my eyes closed I crouch there for a minute, visualizing either Arnold or the guy from the second movie (not the chick in the third one )

:confused: So basically you're telling us you think about Robert Patrick while you're naked in the shower as opposed to a sweet lay-day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

I have a morning ritual that I need to share. I call it "the terminator". First I crouch down in the shower in the classic "naked terminator traveling through time" pose. With my eyes closed I crouch there for a minute, visualizing either Arnold or the guy from the second movie (not the chick in the third one because that one sucked) and I start to hum the terminator theme. Then I slowly rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me to proceed through my day as an emotionless, cyborg badass. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It ruins the fantasy.

You're really weird...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I didn't know they had internet access in the ceile house these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Sweet, so I'm not the only one who does that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hey, at least it's not another poo thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg.

I hate when that happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

While I don't partake of this shower activity, I do sometimes go around in "cyborg mode". You know when you see the outlook from the eyes of the Terminator, with all the info coming up on the screen.

Human Female.
    Hair : Blonde
    Height : 5' 6"
    Weight : Skinny

Dog
    Coat : Brown
    Teeth : Sharp
    Bark : Loud

Cat
    Coat : Orange
    Claws : Sharp
    Eats : Mice

dum-di-dum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I have a morning ritual that I need to share. I call it "the Psycho" a lá the famous movie. It helps me to proceed through my day as an emotional woma-

...wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I wonder if you'd try that in the showers after a game of footie with the lads...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

In before lock due to sheer weirdness :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It ruins the fantasy.

You need to invest in a shower glass unit thingy. Example.

Learn from my mistakes padwan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

What day is it? The date!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Earthhorse wrote: »
    What day is it? The date!

JUDGMENT DAY!

JUDGMENT DAY!

WHAT YEAR?

Post-apocalyptic year 2029 - obviously!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭BrianTheMessiah

JUDGMENT DAY!

JUDGEMENT DAY

We're not in doodle land, y'know!

• Advertisement

beans wrote: »
    In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Whats it like getting up at 4am?

Post-apocalyptic year 2029 - obviously!

Man, I'm really late for work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

For it to be a Terminator shower, you'd need to walk out naked onto the street and steal someone's clothes on the way to work.

Try it, saves loads of time in the morning.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Despite the fact that this has to be a psstake, the fact that you know all these terms as a man disturbs me. At least I hope this is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

In a weird coincidence, I am getting my first set of business cards today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

5starpool wrote: »
    Despite the fact that this has to be a psstake, the fact that you know all these terms as a man disturbs me. At least I hope this is a joke.

Men have been known to share bathrooms with women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 deadprez

hahaha your a genius dude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Whoosh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

i have to drop back some video tapes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 deadprez

haha it's from American Psycho dude! No worries! He can't even do a sit up! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 ClarenceOveur

DesF wrote: »
    Whoosh.

He has mistaken me for this d!ckhead Marcus Halberstram. It seems logical because Marcus also works at P&P and in fact does the same exact thing you do and he also has a penchant for Valentino suits and Oliver Peoples glasses. Marcus and you even go to the same barber, although you have a slightly better haircut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

JUDGEMENT DAY
    You're doing it wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭BrianTheMessiah

How so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Aard wrote: »
    You're doing it wrong.
    Heh.
    It went right over his head. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Did you catch patty winters this morning, about weirdos who think they are the Terminator

• Advertisement

deadprez wrote: »
    haha it's from American Psycho dude! No worries! He can't even do a sit up! ;)
    I was going to say, is that before or after you go on a murderous rampage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Just as long as you don't try popping out your eyeball in the bathroom mirror ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

alienhead wrote: »
    i have to drop back some video tapes!
    Nice..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Love that book and Film. Bateman rules. :)

• Advertisement

Great book, decent film. I couldn't read he's daily routines or reviews, just had to skip to the end of the chapter. Some of them where over 10 pages long!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Kess73 wrote: »
    Bateman rules. :)

I'm guessing you mean that in an ironic sense.

Also funniest AH thread in a long while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Time to crack out the old furry orange, over-head earphones. It's hip to be square and all that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

DesF wrote: »
    While I don't partake of this shower activity, I do sometimes go around in "cyborg mode". You know when you see the outlook from the eyes of the Terminator, with all the info coming up on the screen.

Human Female.
    Hair : Blonde
    Height : 5' 6"
    Weight : Skinny

Dog
    Coat : Brown
    Teeth : Sharp
    Bark : Loud

Cat
    Coat : Orange
    Claws : Sharp
    Eats : Mice

dum-di-dum

I managed to stop doing that :p
    However, Jean luc picard and the enterprise are still flying around my empty brain (space) and controlling me... actually Im going to save this for the PI forum some day.
    I am genuinely interested to know if you played that from memory
    Great movie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

lol

At night I like to throw chainsaws down a few flights of stairs at prostitutes too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Well you know you really shouldn't put on the ice pack before using the deep pore cleansing lotion, as it would be more effective if your pores were open rather than closed before doing this. Perhaps a good steaming before cleansing would be more beneficial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

bwahaahahaAaaaaaaAAA!

-EXCELLENT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Kess73 wrote: »
    Love that book and Film. Bateman rules. :)

woah

Bateman is only one letter off Batman, cosmic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I pee in the shower.

• Advertisement
Advertisement